HELP!!!

Vinni

I didn't do it
Reaction score
Alright - so on my way home from work, the truck died just outside of base. managed to coast into a parking lot. Removed the cover from the fuel bowl, drained the fuel and removed the filter. Turned the key to see if fuel would pump - NOTHING - although the pump on the frame rail did activate. Bought a new fuel pump at Oriely's APs. Attempted to remove the stock pump...

Can someoe please tell me how you remove the fuel lines with the removal tools? The line would not budge and managed to bend thre of the clamps outward inside the hose end - now i have to replace the fuel line in front of the pump also. is it not the 3/8" removal tool? is it metric?

Pulled thruck back to the house and waiting to work on it in the morning...

Does anyone know the part number for the fuel line just in front of the pump? approx 3 foot long...

Dying here,

Last edited:

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Move the clip and slide the removal tool(blue plastic in pic) onto the pumps outlet. Then push the tool into the connection part of the line. If I remeber correctly I had to push the line toward the pump then pull it towards the front of the vehicle. Wasn't too difficult. Can't help on the replacement part #.

View attachment 1406

With the hose off you can attach a hose to the pump into a bucket and key on to see how many gallons per minute it's pumping if at all.

Where are your filters that you posted you use? Pre-pump?

Vinni

I didn't do it
Reaction score
Fixed - I pulled the truck into the Ford Dealer - turns out i had wired the new fuel pump backwards. It would be nice if the aftermarket pump was marked for which lead goes where or if the posts were different sized like the stock.

Thanks for your help

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got it going :sweet Seems a little strange that they don't give you any indication which wire goes where.

Maintain

Platinum Edition
Reaction score
So is the problem fixed? After reading this whole thread, that was sort of anti-climatic haha.

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Vinni said:
Fixed - I pulled the truck into the Ford Dealer - turns out i had wired the new fuel pump backwards. It would be nice if the aftermarket pump was marked for which lead goes where or if the posts were different sized like the stock.

Thanks for your help

If this is a superduty electric pump (aftermarket):oops: , they are marked but the + and - is so tiny, ask me how I know!
Rick H...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14