Hey Bill, WARN question...

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Its hard to tell in your avitar... is that the Warn tran4mer system?... if so is it holding up ok?..... the reason I ask is, this is the system I will be putting on my truck this weekend, looking for any advice or... "make sure you check/watch out for"....

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Frankenstien said:
Well... never mind I installed it yesterday... There were a couple of Lessons learned, nothing criticle though...

I'm getting ready to install That. What lessons if I may ask???

Barrett

Last edited:

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Hey thats the One... I went with Black... as I will be using mine extensivly... easier to re-pant than to Polish... any way after you remove the bumper to put the braket into the frame,, put your Tow hooks in then, as you will not find enough room to put the bolts in once its mounted, The Bumper gets in the Way.
Also this is a good time to do the Zoodad mod if you havent already, the hole (s) you drill will make routing the 2 Gauge cable easier.. oh and one last thing ... you will have two nuts with wire tac welded to them, on the end of the wire take a pair of pliers and make a small loop, it will help you move and hold that nut in place.

HTRDDSL

HTRDDSL
Reaction score
I've had mine for 3 years. It's in Stainless Steel. I had it installed when I bought my truck with a 12000 Warn winch. Looks as good as the day it was installed.

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Well OK... Maybe Stainless is Better .... I just could not afford an additional 500.00 for the Purty stuff... My mount was 475.00 for the Gaurd and Light ends/wrap arounds. The Stainless was 1050.00 ... so for that much of a price Diff... Thick Black Steel works great.......

HTRDDSL

HTRDDSL
Reaction score
Can't blame you for that. I'd rather black than Chrome. It's always easy to repaint it when you have to.

It's just that It came as a package at the time and was added to the price of my truck. I didn't even realize it was stainless until after I got it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58