Help Needed Hi Idle '02 7.3L

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, it's a beautiful day (55 in November WOW!) and I thought I'd get to the hi-idle circuit I've been meaning to do ever since I lost my EPPV in an exhaust "upgrade"...and am stumped on what to do next.

I followed the wiki on this site, which is for a 6L but in it is a link for an 03 7.3L. I tracked down my model year circuit diagram from Ford. I think I found the wires. But when I jump the 2 wires, nothing happens. I have read the various threads and the discussion following the Wiki. I'm hesitant to connect the 2 wires together for very long since 1 runs into the PCM. I tried max of maybe 1 minute on a cold engine. Idle just stayed down in the 675 rpm or so.

Couple factoids:
1. The 294 circuit wire is white with light blue, per wiki, and not "LB/PK" (light blue/pink?) per the Ford diagram (or else I've picked the wrong wire. Regardless it measures 0V when ignition is off, 12.75V when I move to accessory, and 13-15 when engine is on.

2. The 322 circuit wire is with 5 other wires, 4 of which are 14 ga. and 1 other smaller guage. The 322 circuit is greenish with a yellow stripe and it measures 0V engine on or off. The other small guage wire in the bundle is sort of light green/with yellow or whitish stripe, and it measures 14V when engine is on, 0 when off.

Here is a picture of my setup for testing the wires. The 322 wire is in the foreground and the 294 wire is twisted together with some brown wire with a blue wire nut above and beyond the OBD II connector.

Edit: I went ahead & sprung for a used AIC tonight on e-bay. Seems like a lot of stuff on there! Any install suggestions/advice would be welcome. Picture would be great!

Last edited:

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Follow-up: AIC install

Wow, it got cold while I was gone the last 2 weeks!!! :eek: (we were in summer time Brazil)

The AIC bought off ebay arrived. Got it working and really like the auto-idle ramp up feature when I set the brake.

If anybody has installed one I'd appreciate feedback on mounting. Do you like the default mount place? (got a picture?) It didn't come with screws for the box to the bracket and I can't tell if the holes in the box have threads.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14