High Idle RPM control ~ Upfitter switches

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a 2012 F-350 4X4 Lariat:

Anyone hooked up a High Idle using the upfitter switches ? If so, which wire did you connect to in the under-dash wire bundle. I've located the bundle and have the OEM color legend.. just not CERTAIN... which of the wires to connect.. to have a Fixed high idle... at the flip of a AUX switch.

Or is it that simple ??

:dunno

:coffee

Joe

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know if the 6.7 is the same as the 6.0 but if it is, that all I did to mine and I use the heck out of it.
Is the write up still not on here? Looks like it's no longer post on here. Sorry.
Doug

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find it either Doug.. seems like alot of older posts are no longer here. I get a.... Sorry, this page is no longer available.. or words to that effect.

Sagbel wrote up a nice DIY AIC using a potenciometer on his 2011.. got one today.. think I'll hook it up his way tomorro.. see what I get. Shouldn't be any diff.

Joe

FordPSD6.0

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Purple/light green for the Battery Charge Protect which some people call High Idle.
I made 8" jumpers for all of the wires I connected to the
upfitter switches. And it was still a real SOB to hook up. I needed 3 hands
because my 2 hands couldn't get in the right position to connect the wires.
This is for the 2005-07 F-250s. Don't know about the other ones.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got'r dun. Works like a champ. (Tbar ?)

Used sagebel's :)hail) DIY. Hooked it up to Aux 4.. flip the switch and it revs to whatever you have it pre-dialed to.. or dial it up/down to suit yer needs. Nice. ;tu ;tu

Hooks up, wire code (color) wize.. the same.. 2012/2011.

Life is Good.

Joe

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dun Deal

Okay.. got it finished up today.

Not being ready to drill holes in my Dash just yet.. fab'd a mounting bracket for the potentiometer/knob, trimmed the shaft length, drilled in a seat for the knob set screw, then mounted it all horizontaly.. at the bottom right of the d-side dash. Set it at 1200 rpm, controlled by # 4 Aux switch, but an Easy reach from the D-seat to adjust.

For $7.50.. this is a Dang nice mod/accessory/feature. Works only in Park, with the P-brake set... which IMO, is a good idea too. (for now)

Here's the Radio Shack part numbers (?):

Potentiometer: 271-1716

Control Knob : 274-0415

Joe

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
??? Got a link ???

How did you do it?

I'm admittedly Not Good at PC stuff Tbar.. so go to the 6.7 forum, go to your High Idle Control post of 7-25-12.. scroll down to sagebels post.. enlarge & print the labeled wiring pic he posted. Thats what I used.

Also.. under your dash, there should be a wiring color code tag.. wrapped around the blunted OEM wires yul be using. Handy.. I removed it.. checked off the wires sagebel describes. Then.. thru a process of elimination (bending the unneeded away) i got down to the 4 you will need. (5, counting the Aux switch wire you want to use)

Joe

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58