high mileage psd

ironmanl21

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a 99 ext cab long bed 4x4 with 178,000 on the ticker. I know diesels run alot longer than gas motors but i'm worried how long it will hold out. I know there are alot of variables to consider so I'm just looking for an average life span. thanks in advance

ironmanl21

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok I'm a stupid newbee that didnt search before posting. SORRY

CHPMustang

Reaction score
ironmanl21 said:
I'm looking at buying a 99 ext cab long bed 4x4 with 178,000 on the ticker. I know diesels run alot longer than gas motors but i'm worried how long it will hold out. I know there are alot of variables to consider so I'm just looking for an average life span. thanks in advance
Welcome to SDD ironman :sweet

I've seen many 99-up Powerstroke powered trucks go 200k-300k and more before requiring a rebuild,it's all depends on how well the truck was maintained and driven during it's lifespan.

Bill :cowboy:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
ironmanl21 said:
ok I'm a stupid newbee that didnt search before posting. SORRY
It's cool to ask even the simplest of questions around here,it's just that many of us are still sleeping late thru the mornings and can't make it to the puter early enough :D

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
It's cool to ask even the simplest of questions around here,it's just that many of us are still sleeping late thru the mornings and can't make it to the puter early enough :D
There is no such thing as a stupid question. Just as long as you don't ask one that makes us reply "Here's your sign" :D

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
ironmanl21 said:
I'm looking at buying a 99 ext cab long bed 4x4 with 178,000 on the ticker. --- so I'm just looking for an average life span.

254,000 and counting, no major prob's so far. :thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58