Hitch help

bharney

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a Draw-tite removaball gooseneck hitch in my 99 F250 Superduty and am looking for a 5th wheel hitch that will hook up to it.

Do they make a 5th wheel hitch that just drops down into the hole that holds the ball?

New to using a gooseneck and or 5th wheel hitch except for military vehicles, so I want to make sure I get the right parts to start out.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing you have a hitch similar to this one
hhhideagoose.jpg

on that one I am not aware of an adapter that is readily available most 5th wheel rails will have a goose adapter but not the other way.

You can use a pinbox extension like this
popuprv123.jpg

however this will change the pressures exerted on the pinbox on the trailer and in some cases has damaged the 5th due to the different pressures from a longer lever arm on the hitch.

bharney

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
This is what I have

Remov-A-Ball™ Gooseneck
•Allows full use of pick-up bed area when hauling cargo
•No alteration of OE exhaust systems required
•Accommodates all standard vehicle suspensions
•2- 5/16" forged, heat treated zinc ball standard, 3" ball optional
•Spring loaded chrome sliding pin insures positive ball lock
•Lockable to prevent ball theft (lock not included)
•Magnetic cover protects ball hole and activating lever slot when not in use
•In-truck platform may be used with Rail Kits or installed on any vehicle installed on any vehicle providing adequate structure to secure the platform
•In-truck platform is rated for 30,000 lbs. gross trailer weight and 7,500 lbs. vertical load and tested to V.E.S.C. - 19 specs for 30,000 lbs. gross vehicle weight rating
•Rail Kits are rated to match manufacturer's vehicle weight ratings
•Spring loaded safety chain loops included
•Black powder coat finish
•Requires installation rail kit

GASPEDDLER

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey WD, I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a new hitch and was wondering about the companion, as my truck came with the B&W turnover gooseneck setup. What's your (or anyone else who might be familiar with it) opinion of this setup? Also, you mentioned the FLC adapter...is that neccesary for my companion/ B&W turnover combo or only for those with some other brand of turnover who is wanting to pair with a B&W companion? Thanks in advance

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg