HONEST mileage - apples 2 apples

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
Guys,
I am looking for an apple to apples compilation of mileage from trucks like mine.
The only thing that would variate is the year.
Example: '03, SRW, 4 dr., sb, at, 3.73gears + miles per tank?

FYI: my yearly ave. was 11.976 mpg w/ ave. 26.192 gallons, from a 8.152 to a once high of 15.499 on a hi-way trip. mostly 10-12 regardless of towing or not.

Maybe we could get this set up as a poll style format...Mods, anyone?

I think it would be interesting for everyone to see what our fellow psd'ers are doing around the country...Thanks for everyone's input.

p.s. i am trying to get my '06 mileage report posted...

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are so many variables. My truck as outfitted below gets 18.5 mpg avg. But I drive it like an old man. I get it up to 2000 rpm (70mph) and put the cruise control on. When I leave a stop sign or red light, almost everyone out accelerates me. Not because my truck is slow, but because I am not in a hurry. If I am not on the freeway, and the speed limit is 60, then I drive 60-65 mph which is below 2000 rpm. The one time I drove 200 miles and averaged 50-60 mph, I got 20.1 mpg. That was up and down hills and mountains, from Redding ca. to Susanville and back. Real life driving on the freeway you have to maintain at least 70 mph or you will get run over. If you could maintain 60 mph on flat ground, I would bet the mpg would be around 20-21. Take the tailgate off, and who knows. The only car I own that gets better mileage than the F350 is our Nissan 300ZXT 28 mpg. 72 240Zv8 gets 15 mpg, 97 Explorer gets 17 mpg, 93 idi turbo diesel F350 dually gets 11 mpg, 1960 Falcon 428SCJ gets 6 mpg (on a good day).

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will gladly take the gas sucking Falcon off of your hands, if you like...

BTW, My mileage with everything stock and pulling a trailer at least 50% of the time is about 12.5 mpg in town. I put on a little larger tire at christmas and it appears that I have dropped about 5%. This is based on the MPG display in my truck. Obviously not the most accurate piece of equipment, but it is close.

atk

Reaction score
my truck is pretty much same as yours. production date on mine is 07/03, but they registered as a 2004. anyway my truck is completely stock and has 3.73 ratio, 5sp auto, and 6.0l....so far my best has been 21mpg and worst has been around 16mpg....but i usually average at 20mpg with the type of driving i do. my mpg`s do drop if i do more city driving. it seems the cooler weather hasn`t affected it to much. now this figured out in Canadian gallon, which is slighty bigger than your gallon. far as i know that still hasn`t changed, but i might wrong. i can usually go 800km and my fuel light comes on.when i do fill it, it takes about 110Liters of fuel. i do have a chart that calculates milage and i have done it with pen, paper and calculator....hope this helps....fingers are getting cramps....

atk

Reaction score
also not sure when towing, haven`t really towed anything to make a difference. when i do i will let you know...

fxtowboss

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I checked mine today and your looking at around 12.5, we pulled the 5er to gulf shores on thanksgiving and got 10. My problem is the gear ratio, it pulls the hell out of the trailer and I feel like it's heavy to just be 34' but just normal driving is a killer when not towing.

firesoutmatt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
05 F-250 SRW 6.0 auto CC
12 mpg in town
18 mpg hi-way
10mpg towing 40' fiver

:ford :burnit
Above is average over last 2 years

jyoung

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Mine is all stock no mods as of yet. I drive mostly highway and with the cruise control set at 72mph the tech is just below 2000 rpm and I can only get 16 mpg. Sometimes I feel like I drive with an egg between my foot and the pedal to try to get a bit more mpg but it doesn't really do much more than an additional 1 mpg. When I bought the truck they told me when the truck is broken in I should get anywhere between 18 to 20 mpg but I don't see it happening. I must say that the truck has 12,000 miles on it and the mpg is better than the day it rolled off the lot (12 mpg).
I love the truck and I bought it to tow my boat and to wrap something around me in case some idiot runs into me on my long commute I really didn't buy it for gas milage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58