Hooking up brake controler

drmjf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 99 f250 crew cab I want to hookup a brake controler the wires run to the back of the truck for the 7 pin setup. they are tagged as trailer wire. I don't have the plug under the dash that everyone talks about. I just have bare wire coming from the harness.

Any one ...... help?

Last edited:

bgirls

lacky
Reaction score
Bare wire coming from what harness? did you buy this new or used? if used maybe the previous owner cut the plug off. on my 2000 the plug is located behind the cubby pocket that is low on the dash. behind this is a metal support bracket, best seen with the panel below the steering colunm removed. i recently replaced my brake controller and it was a bear to get my hand in there and plug in without a visual. i would think if this is part of the main under dash harness it would be there even if the tow package was not on the truck but i have been wrong before. if i remeber correctly the plug was fastened to the support rail and the plug is gray.

drmjf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks

Scott, thanks. after I posted the original I found a better picture of where the plug was located. I have the gray plug and ordered the hookup for my prodgity controller to plug right in.

Thanks, again. Mike
:thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14