horrible hesitation when accelerating

tattoo_skullhead

super duper senior member
Reaction score
truck falls on its face real bad...sometime takes 5 seconds before it decides to take off. it doesnt do it all the time but when it does its bad. got a new cps.... that didnt do anything:dunno

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
Did you check the exhaust back pressure valve for malfunctioning? It's the valve that closes when the engine is cold, to warm up the engine faster. It also makes it sound like a jet landed in your driveway. When if acts stupid, at can close when your driving and act like a closed exhaust, killing power. Just unplug the electrical connector and see what the truck does.

dmd

Reaction score
If it were the exhaust back pressure I would think that it would be more of a
complete lack of power. But if it goes stupid, it could be...

I would start with boost, what boost pressure do it have? If you dont have gauges
then it is just a guess, so time to get at least a temporary gauge. Did this happen all at
once or over time? As stated above, check the intercooler and turbo boots.

Also, check for rubbing on the intercooler tubes. There can be holes where rubbing
happens. If you havent already, you need to
eliminate the rubbing from the MAP sensor hose, and the battery cables. I have seen
them wear clear through the pipes and cause the same symptoms. Worst problems
are usually on the passenger side (MAP tube and battery cables rub on every stock
7.3 I have seen.

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
loose connection (splayed pins in the connector) at the throttle pedal

lemme see..

then I'd have to be checking fuel pressure...

does it rap out in neutral or does it just sit there & idle like a bump on a log?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64