Question Hot Shot's Secret Stiction Eliminator

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
I used Rev-X when I had a 6.0L. Yes it helped with the stiction. But I got rid of the 6.0 over 2 years ago.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use it in my 6.4 and I used it in my 6.0. It saved me about 1200 bucks in a new injector. You will see a difference in about 100 miles +/-. But you don't have to run it in every oil change too. I go about every 3rd oil change. Ford does not like the stuff because it cuts into there repair charges on injectors for stiction, but international trucks say use it because it cleans the stiction off the injector and being the 6.0 is a international motor in a ford truck I use it.

Last edited:

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
I recommend Rev-X.

You might want to check the output voltage on your Fuel Injector Control Module. Low voltage to the injectors can also cause the symptoms of stiction. Key On Engine On voltage should be at a minimum 0f 45 volts, preferably 48 volts. If your batteries are marginal, this can also affect the FICM output voltage.

A/Ox4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HSS is mostly just hype. Nothing to it. I cant find them right now, but the chemical analysis' of them show there is nothing special or good about it. Just average.

Rev-X however has a track record that is hard to beat. Try that.

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried the Rev-x last year and saw a slight improvement but still has issues during cold start. I saw much better improvement switching to full synthetic (T6 Rotella). Thinking about giving the Archoil 9100 a shot along with the T6 before I give up and start replacing injectors.

A/Ox4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nitpickers like me would warn you about throwing around the words "Full Synthetic" and "Rotella T6" in the same sentence ;)

A/Ox4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Enlighten me..... You've got my interest now. :)

I just wrote a HUGE post about this whole topic (not just Rotella) on another site. Perhaps I will transcribe it to this forum.

Here is the readers digest version:

Rotella T6 is a Group III base stock oil with some polyalphaolefin (PAO) added. Group III base stock is a mineral oil that is highly processed through a method called hydrofracking. In 1999 a court case was lost by Mobil who sued over the term "synthetic" being used inappropriately, and it was deemed that "synthetic" is a marketing term, and doesnt relate to the product production directly. Therefor, many oil manufacturers label their Group III oils, which again, come from crude oil, as synthetic or semi-synthetic, because of the amount of processing... For marketing purposes.

A group IV oil would be a PAO base oil and would be "fully synthetic", but these are scarce and hard to find. Most "synthetic oils" are actually Group III with some PAO, so some people call them Group III+.

Super simple version: Group III is made from crude oil. Group IV made in a lab.

Rotella T6 comes from Group III.

All that said, T6 is not a bad oil. Just not what someone like me would call "Full Synthetic."

Last edited:

sbiggi

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I tried RevX, and Stanadyne. Really didn't see any difference.

Replacing the injectors is what worked.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58