Question How much does it weigh?

airdrew99

Living for Him
Reaction score
Has anyone on here had their truck weighed? I'm looking for the weight of my '00 F-250, 7.3L, 4WD, crew cab, automatic. I don't want to pay to have it weighed on the scales at a truck stop. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Drew

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Look on the drivers door jamb. There is a sticker there showing the weight of the truck and the load caring capacity.

Dave :)

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I weighed my 03 Excursion (specs in sig) and it was about 7000lbs

Do you have a grain elevator close.... that is where I weighed mine.....

airdrew99

Living for Him
Reaction score
GVWR means the fully loaded weight with passengers, cargo, fuel, and trailer tongue weight, right? I'm looking for the curb weight.

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GVWR means the fully loaded weight with passengers, cargo, fuel, and trailer tongue weight, right? I'm looking for the curb weight.

My 2005 crew short box with a full tank and me in it came in at 6900lbs. That being said my GVWR is 10000.

Last edited:

dpantazis

Reaction score
the sticker just lists the LEGAL parameters the truck can be safely operated within. it dont men squat.

to really know, get your truck weighed. iirc, i think i paid like $7 to get weighed at the CAT scale at a truck stop once with a fill up. also take into account the weight of fuel or how full your tank is.

grain elevator is good. you can also go to a building materials yard and get it weighted for free there. landscaping material, sand, gravel, etc...

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently had my SD weighed for free when I hauled a load of scrap iron to the scrap yard. I weighed in gross at 9300 with a 1000 pounds of scrap as I only weighed 8300 on the tare after they unloaded my scrap. 8300 included 310 pounds of father and son and a toolbox with approximately 400 pounds. Therefore I would believe that my curb weight is around 7590 pounds.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64