How much work DO YOU DO on your Truck

How much do you Feel Comfortable doing on your own rig..

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlaskaRedneK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I git in there..... but If I dont think I can do it, and if its gunna cost me more to fix my mistake... Im waitin till I git help-popcorn

-Stouff

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I'm a car & truck repairman... I have an AWESOME set of tools...

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
ok, i will be the first to admit it. i take my truck to the dealership and they do all my service work. i just don't have the time to attempt to do it myself, and i don't really feel confident with some of the stuff.

sure, i can do somethings, i did install my banks intercooler, boost tubes, high ram intake, and my k&n air filter, but for some reason, changing the oil, filters and such just doesn't interest me.

does it make me a bad person because i don't service my own truck? i hope not, but i do keep a good service record on my truck. it gets whatever it needs.

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Everything but trannie's scare me.......
I'm starting to rethink this after yesterday's experience:

Well I have just finished my 3rd shower today......

#1) Morning shower, do it every morning helps wake me up no big deal.

#2) Afforded to me by some sadistic Ford engineer who decided the primary fuel filter should be mounted horizontally on the frame rail behind the front drive shaft and only inches away from the skid plate, and hold no less than 16oz of diesel fuel and if we can make the fuel tank drain and the upper filter siphon back so much the better. Oh and if we could set the drain opening just about 1/2" higher than the bottom of the filter cap so you can't get all the fuel out thru the drain then that's good to.

#3) Shower with a gallon of Gojo and scrub every inch and most orifices with small finger nail brush, discover that hot diesel which has run into my armpit has somehow altered the physical properties of armpit hair and caused it to fuse together and get yanked out with fingernail brush ALL AT ONCE, resulting in lot's of 4 letter words being shouted and many curses being cast upon aforementioned Ford engineer and his family. I can't even begin to imagine how diesel managed to work it's way into my nether regions but it has, causing same problem as previously mentioned with arm pit hair only in a much more delicate area.
Turn shower off and throw back the shower curtain which dislodges aforementioned Gojo bottle, in the attempt to catch Gojo I slipped on the cutesy, flowered, girly girl, slipery as snot on a wet door knob, bath mat resulting in a collision of my forehead and the toilet causing a near concussion and a view of several new stars in our solar system.
Pulled myself together and start to dry off when I realize that I grabbed a hand towel instead of a full size bath towel. As I exited the bathroom my wet foot made contact with the dry wood floor in the hallway and lost traction causing me to fall backwards, fortunately the vanity broke my fall but my feet still being wet slipped out from under me causing a water park type slide down to the floor.
At this point I have given up on trying to dry myself or get dressed or clean up the Gojo that exited the bottle when it hit the floor.
As I sit here at the computer typing this I really must wonder if the $99.00 my dealer wants to do this service is really a bad deal.

PS If I ever get my hands on the engineer who designed this fuel system I promise to subject the [censored] to a new and improved version of the famous Chinese Water Torture, instead of water we will be using HOT diesel and a 36mm socket.

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I do everything myself................

then when I got it good and broked up, I take it to a shop. :D

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i do it all now that the pesky warranty is out (36000) but dont want nothing to do with the internals of the tranny, a man must know his limitations:cool: and all work must be done with BUD-Y-ZER:sweet

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I have plenty of spare rigs so I tackle it all on the 96', 95', 76', 75' and 42' but the wifes 05' is under warranty and when the warranty runs out it gets traded off. If momma ain't happy, I ain't happy :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr