Howes failed me again

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
So..... maybe Howe's didn't fail you.....:stir
OK I will change it to Howe's failed to keep Alaska brewed fuel from gelling. As posted in this thread from a year ago it didn't keep my fuel from clouding up last winter either. I have a couple of jugs of Howe's left and I will continue to use it for lubrication but for Alaskan fuel I don't feel that it provides adequate gelling protection. I did forget to switch to the front tank that is full of #1 when I was at work Friday and the quadruple dosed rear tank got me home so it will work if you add enough. When the Howe's I have runs out in a year or so I am going to switch to Schaeffer Diesel Treat 2000 or Stanadyne Lubricity Formula as they rate about the same as 2-stoke oil as far as lubrication on the chart that CHP posted. Howe's Diesel treat is not on the chart but Howe's Meaner Power Kleaner rated much lower than the others. I imagine Howe's Diesel treat may be up there with 2-stroke but since they did not test it we don't know. I do find it strange that both Schaeffer and Howe's name there product Diesel Treat but heck my truck likes treats just like a puppy :D

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
Come to find out half the trucks in the state were gelled up. You would think the refinery here would know that it gets cold in Alaska but they must have some new guys running the place :dunno
Easy answer to this is that #1 cost more so they push the #2 to as close to the gel point as they can. Its all about money and if a few trucks gel, not their problem.
Jim

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14