HP Crossover hose

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The addition of the HX line doesn't supply Any [additional] oil pressure to any of the 8 injectors.

It simply provides a more [equal] oil pressure... to what WAS.. an independently.. "Dead Ended" pair of HP oil rails.

Last edited:

BDJack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed Joe, sorry if my earlier post has added some confusion. Since oil cannot be compressed, theoretically the entire system is always at the same pressure. Thats why alot of guys automatically discount it as redonkulous and unneccesary. In a brand new truck, I wouldnt waste my money. However, the system is not without flaws. By installing the crossover you allow the sensor to get an accurate reading on both sides of the engine. This allows, as most diesels do have some amount of consumption, the computer to effectively compensate for any loss/consumption you may have, basically by boosting the oil pressure slightly.

The only time it would really give you any serious benefits besides preception:rolleyes: is if you did have some consumption or a minute leak. Even that would be restoring what was normal before and had gradually slipped off over time without you noticing. Not an issue on a brand new truck, but get over 100K and seals tend to start getting tired.

As I understand it. ;tu

Side note, stock injectors are rated for a higher min psi than ford allows from factory, correct? Thats why 7.3's tend to be noisier..?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed Joe, sorry if my earlier post has added some confusion. Since oil cannot be compressed, theoretically the entire system is always at the same pressure. Thats why alot of guys automatically discount it as redonkulous and unneccesary. In a brand new truck, I wouldnt waste my money. However, the system is not without flaws. By installing the crossover you allow the sensor to get an accurate reading on both sides of the engine. This allows, as most diesels do have some amount of consumption, the computer to effectively compensate for any loss/consumption you may have, basically by boosting the oil pressure slightly.

*Just from my experiences with the 7.3's.. with little, if any theory applied, the Cackle seems to quiet some.. simply due to pressures being somewhat equalized.. between the left & right bank, oil rails, by installing a line to achieve it. Each injector "pops" at a more equal pressure, with less pulsation effect also.

The only time it would really give you any serious benefits besides preception:rolleyes: is if you did have some consumption or a minute leak. Even that would be restoring what was normal before and had gradually slipped off over time without you noticing. Not an issue on a brand new truck, but get over 100K and seals tend to start getting tired.

** :dunno

As I understand it. ;tu

Side note, stock injectors are rated for a higher min psi than ford allows from factory, correct? Thats why 7.3's tend to be noisier..?

*** Agree and Whala: Aftermarket HPOP's with Injectors to match.

And IAW your side note.. Along with a Dead Ended HPOP system.. the Stock7.3's are known to have "Air in the Fuel" issues also.... tends to make them noise-yer too.

Mine Aint :D:sly

fxdwgi

Global Warmer
Reaction score
Only thing I notcied is that the engine seems to be a lot smoother at idle, but that could be an indication something is on its last leg also.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
Only thing I notcied is that the engine seems to be a lot smoother at idle, but that could be an indication something is on its last leg also.

That's normal. Even my wife noticed it and she is not interested in my truck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14