Hypertech Max Energy Power Programmer

majorcorn

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just got a Hypertech Max Energy Power Programmer. When i pulg it in and it will starts doing its thing. After it clears any open codes and starts communication with truck I recieve an error message 093 for a invalid VIN number call customer service. Well guess what they are closed until the 4th of Jan. Does anybody have any clues on how i can fix this problem. ** I did have the truck plugged in due to the cold weather dont know if that could be the problem***

Last edited:

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it is VIN locked by a previous vehicle it was on (if its a used item). Only fix could be is to hook it back up to the truck it was on and have the factory settings returned to that vehicle. Then it should work on yours. If you don't have acess to the vehicle, you will have to get in touch with hypertech to see about having them to unlock it for whatever they charge to do it.

andredci

99 F250 7.3l PSD
Reaction score
The 093 means that the programmer is married to another truck. The same thing happened to me i called hypertech and they said nothing could be done but send it in to them and they would reflash the memory for $200.00.

Hypertech

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
code 93

The 093 means that the programmer is married to another truck. The same thing happened to me i called hypertech and they said nothing could be done but send it in to them and they would reflash the memory for $200.00.

Yes Code 93 means it has been used on another vehicle and is locked. I have also seen this error code come up one other way. Sometimes if the key is not in the ON position before the start position it will give you that error code.

tjones

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
This mean s the truck was mot set back to stock programming..... If its set back , it can be reused.....Got this directly from Hypertech......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58