Question Hyway feel through steering wheel

David Arnold

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I new just signed up and have had my new 2022 F-350 Lariat, diesel for about 2 weeks. Got a question for the group, I feel everything from the road through the steering wheel. Every little bump and crevasse. It also seams to steering wants oscillate back and forth a bit. Is this normal? I have been driving a 2003 Ram 3500 Cummins Diesel for 18 years and have never had this much road feedback through my steering wheel. I have turned off the death rattle form the lane departure warning system because I thought it was causing the issue.

YODA

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Have you check your tire pressures and made sure the tries are the same size and load gating. I say load rating as I had a situation with Discount tires when I had new tires put on my truck and had the same symptom Discount had put two different load ratings up front (D & E).

Ask your selling dealer if they did an alignment check? If not possibly have that done, but be aware they may only do one under warranty.

There also used to be an adjustment screw on the steering gear unit to remove any slop, Don't know if the 2022 have that.

rlaspinall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with everything YODA has said.
I've been driving a F350 since 2011 after 30 years of driving GM. I love my Ford, but have gotten use to the fact that the steering is exactly as you have said. I've had to deal with the death wobble and have had the front end - drag linkage, ball joints, tie rod ends, steering dampner.... changed twice in 390000 KM. Coming from a GM, it was hard getting used to how the Ford steered.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr