Help Needed I am about to shoot this truck

LAPLANT

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So i've been chasing and checkin wires for the past month and still have not found why I have no power to my 4x4 system
I was hoping one of yall would find the kindness in yors heart to check some thing for me
What I need is the voltage readings from the two wire plug on the transfer case shift motor in all positions of the 4x4 switch and how long the voltage is applied
pretty sure that once I am armed with this info I can bypass the factory switch and wire up my own 4x4 controls
Thanks in advance

Sportsnutim

Sportsnutim
Reaction score
Sorry I can't help. I am not happy with my truck either bought it new 01 4x4 F-250 7.3 the motor's great everything around it sucks. My fuel gage stopped working stuck at bottom, all the other gages work I am puzzled.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LAPLANT I'll check my FSMs when I get home and give you and see if the same voltages applied were used for the '95 F-series and the '92 Ranger & Ranger based vehicles, if so then I would expect that the same will apply to your truck

Sportsnutim your fuel gauge likely stopped working due to a failed sending unit.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
failed sending unit is prolly dead on correct..

same issue on mine when new...had to replace the entire dash gauge cluster for the fix..dealer to do that

good luck w/ you 4xs issue, pretty sure brandon can hook you up.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the voltage applied to the shift motor is battery/alternator voltage, FSM's indicate that any less than 9V to the control module will cause a problem.

The timing is not specified because the control module uses range sensors to determine when the motor has turned far enough.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58