I hope Ford reads this.....

FordPSD6.0

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
because the time has come to make the front end of their SDs tilt forward. No more hoods. I want a tilting front end so you can access the engine. I have read where Ford has removed fenders to work on these engines and people get their trucks back with rattles and squeeks. I had an 84 Corvette with the tilting front end and it was fantastic!! Don't let the competition beat you to it.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
It is very possible to do since it all is fiberglass, but I don't know how Ford handles the crash testing. The steel fenders may be there for a safer truck for the driver. Remember there are crumble zones and fiberglass would be one huge crumble zone.

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
That actually sounds like a great idea. I am pretty sure they do crash testing on all vehicles and dont see how the tilt hood would affect (effect?) anything.

Or maybe you should have bought an F650 :D

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even with steel it would not be terribly hard to do. It would just not be financially feasible. If had my preference, I would go with the tilt front end, though. It would make it a lot easier for EVERYONE to work on these thigns, and not just skinny chimpanzees.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
because the time has come to make the front end of their SDs tilt forward. No more hoods. I want a tilting front end so you can access the engine. I have read where Ford has removed fenders to work on these engines and people get their trucks back with rattles and squeeks. I had an 84 Corvette with the tilting front end and it was fantastic!! Don't let the competition beat you to it.

youre confusing what the DEALER tech's do w/ what FORD does...
the techs do this cause theyre being nickled and dimed on the rate
of warrenty repairs !

FordPSD6.0

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Even with steel it would not be terribly hard to do. It would just not be financially feasible.

I don't know why it would be that costly other than replacing the front end if involved in an accident. And then the front end could be built in three different pieces that connect together. The cost to me would be in the mounting and hinging portion. You'd be looking at a hinge and a couple of those hydraulic shocks to aid in lifting. In fact you could even use a spring or counter weights to aid in the lifting and closing. I wouldn't think the cost would be that great.

Now tell me that wouldn't be bad looking to see the front of our SDs tilted forward while the others lift a hood!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd sell my truck tomorrow!!!

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Get a topside creeper.

Tilt front end ain't gonna gain you much, if anything.

Don't believe me? Flip open an H2

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58