i love spending my brothers money!

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
this is becoming more interesting than my truck.....and my quad as you can somewhat see in the background is stuffed at the back of the garage.

hopefully this thing goes as good as it looks :sly

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
351w punched out to 362, voodoo cam with 256/262 duration, holley offroad avenger 650 carb, nothing else for now. when he gets more funds (and after he gets his lisence) he will be putting heads, shorty headers, and NO2!

the cam is supposed to be good for 1500-6500, the stock heads are fine for the the relatively low rpms it will be turning (nothing past 6000). i ran the engine on desktop dyno and it had AWESOME midrange power, had a lot of area under the curve.

it will be at dyno day if all goes well!

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that thing looks clean,my old bronco(the one in my sig) has a mildly built 351w as well,we put a crane cam in it,high flow gt 40 heads,hooker headers,new lifters and push rods,pro comp ignition,edelbrock aluminum intake,edelbrock 750cfm carb,edelbroch air cleaner.but it doesnt look as pretty as yours,were planning on putting it in a single cab ranger when we find one.;tu

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
at carlisle there were a bunch of rangers with small blocks in them.....im sure ill have to build one for myself someday!

we got a Davis Unified Ignition HEI style distributor/ignition for it, i havent used one yet but i have only heard good things, and its single wire to run and another for the tach, so the engine bay can stay nice and clean.

how much of an increase did you see with the gt-40 heads over stock? those are what we are looking at now, the flow numbers and port sizes are about where they would need to be for this cam. trick flow makes an interesting set for the SBF as well.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
you also gotta get the 'air filter' style lid to go w/ the open air filter...

i put one on my old v8 350 and 'wow' what a seat of the pants and noticable sounding difference it had VS. stock air box.. oh, it had straight duals too....:sly

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
You could put Cleveland heads on it and make it a Clevelor but then you would lose the midrange and have to listen to it singing at 7000-8000rpms.:D

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i almost built a clevor when i had my bronco on the road, but there isnt any point to it anymore, there are so many BETTER affordable heads out there that bolt right up.

i saw one once, and i think it started to run smooth around 3500, and started to make power at around 5000, and didnt stop revving from there. FUN! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14