I need some information.....

trisha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My granddaughter got in the front seat of my '02 super duty, Lariet, grey leather and marked up the console and seats and arm rest with a ball point pen. I got the ink off the leather seats, but I cannot get it off of the vinyl console top or the front pass. arm rest. I have tried spray net, goop-off and leather cleaner. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance, trisha

atk

Reaction score
gotta love kids....:lmao....anyway i have used Spray 9 or Fantastic(without bleach version)to get vinyl clean...hope this helps

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
throw away all pens...

wow, that is a patience tester right there.

perhaps contact a upholstry shop for advice!!

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
it al depends on what ink/pen was used......post up exactly what pen it was and maybe one of us has one we could experiment with.

did you try acetone (nail polish remover), alcohol, or xylol (aka xylene) ?

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
10% benzoyl peroxide acne cream removes ink from vinyl. Acne cream containing benzoyl peroxide is available in different strengths, so make sure the cream you buy contains 10% benzoyl peroxide.

Apply the benzoyl peroxide to the stain, and allow the cream-covered stain to sit beneath the light of a standard lightbulb for at least two hours. The lamp should be about four inches from the stain, and make sure the vinyl, as well as the clothing, do not come in direct contact with the hot lightbulb. Occasionally check to make sure the light isn’t too hot for the distance between the lightbulb and the doll, and adjust the lamp accordingly if necessary.

After the stain has been under the light for about two hours, remove the benzoyl peroxide acne cream with a damp rag. If the ink isn’t completely gone, another application will probably do the trick. Simply apply the cream again, and allow it to remain undisturbed beneath the light for another two hours. Repeat this process until the ink stains are completely gone. You’ll be amazed at how well this ink removal method works.

:sweet

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Welcome back Trisha,thought you got swept away by katrina or something;)

One of my lovely sons decided to write a small smilie face on the rear pass door arm rest pad in the Excursion which I'm yet to get removed.

Coastal6.0

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I know i'm new to the forums, but please don't use acetone or fingernail polish remover on anything inside a vehicle. Only use mineral spirits. I've seen way to many customers come in with stained leather seats, and or vinyl armrests and the dye was removed from using these products. I have been in the business of installing stereos, alarms, and pretty much custom anything for about 15 yrs and have seen some of the awful things these products can do to a vehicles interior.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
everything im reading <boat links above etc> indicated that ink and
vinyl are a permanent combination

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58