I POD Mod With Rear Radio Controls

Puddle Pirate

Will Pillage For Diesel
Reaction score
Previously I installed parts from an Excursion to add cup holders and rear radio controls to the center console of my King Ranch Crew Cab.

Today I installed a P.I.E. - Aux adapter that runs my I Pod through the stock 04 6CD stereo.

As a bonus, I was able to plug my rear radio control wires into the P.I.E. harness - so now I have the option of listening to AM, FM, CD and I POD - and so do the rear seat passengers through their own controls.

I took detailed pictures w/notes below in "Picture Worth 1000 Words".

This thing sounds COOL!!!!! :D :D :D

Last edited:

Max Power

Reaction score
Would you be interested in writing up a small how to so we can post it in our DIY section? That way other people who want to do the same thing have the road paved for them. Just a thought :)

Enjoy your new toy.

Puddle Pirate

Will Pillage For Diesel
Reaction score
Max Power said:
Would you be interested in writing up a small how to so we can post it in our DIY section? That way other people who want to do the same thing have the road paved for them. Just a thought :)

Enjoy your new toy.

I would be happy to, although, I put pretty full discriptions in the attached pictures, sort of step by step.

DKilleen

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a Creative Zen Xtra and while I don't care if the thing is controlled by the radio, being able to plug it in directly would be a good thing. Would this mod do that? All I'd need would be a connection that could plug in to the 1/8" headphone jack. My radio is stock '03. It has a cassette, and single CD.

Thanks

DKilleen

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr