Update I reckon I own an apology for my absence.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Don't really know where to begin. I will try and keep it short. Let's see............around February of 2012, the car hauling biz for us began on what I thought was a downward spiral. Lost customers who started moving their own vehicles on the same sight that we use. I let my emotions (depression, anxiety, etc) get the best of me. I lost 36 lbs., was on anit-depression meds, meds for anxiety and so on. I just didn't put my faith & trust in the Lord as I should have. I thought we were going to loose everything (at least that is the way my mind saw it)

Started putting in applications at various places around town to bring in extra income, never got the first call. Finally got a break after a visit to see my Aunt who was doing therapy for a knee replacement at the local nursing home, that also doubles as an in-patient facility for rehab. Wait, you need some back history here first. Before I got into the trucking biz with my Dad, I practiced as an Occupational Therapy Assistant for just over 4 years. It got a little tough in 1999 because of medicare, so my Dad talked me into working with him.

Ok, back to the near past. When I went to see my aunt, I ran into some former co-workers from my therapy days. They began asking me why don't you get back into being a therapist again. I had thought that after being away for 13 years, there was no way I could ever do it again. Well, I learned differently. Not a week later, a friend that works at the nursning home posted that they were looking to hire a COTA/L (Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant / Licensed) on none other than good ole facebook.

I shot her a PM and asked her if she thought they would hire someone that had been out of it for 13 years. She gave me the rehab director's cell number (which happens that I have known him since high school and actually worked for the same company when I left it 13 years ago. I called him up and he gave me a chance. The nursing home hired me and I had to go through close supervision for 480 hours and had to retake my state board exam, which I am happy to say, I passed for a second time!

When I found out that I passed, the rehab director immeidiately offered me a full-time job. I was shocked. The Lord had a plan for me all along, I just failed to trust in him like I should and let him show me the way.

We still do the brokering biz. My Dad does all the dispatching while I am working at the nursing home. I do all the billing & paying at night when I get home.

The car hauling biz is still a struggle at times, but it's nice to have a steady income that I can count on every 2 weeks.

Whelp, that's my story. Sorry I haven't checked in from time to time like I should. Still miss my F350 dearly. I miss posting pics of the work I had done to it.

Miss those Sunday night chats we use to have a lot. But I'm here. If anyone ever needs me for anything at all, just drop me a message.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I am so glad you got things going for you. I had not heard anything from you in a long time. I consider you a member of the original family and it is great to hear from family members. You sound like you and your family are doing well.

Dave :thumbs :)

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stephen, sure good to hear from you and glad to know all is going well for you and the family. Sure would like to know something about
that truck driver from Alaska, his name slips my mind right now, but he had the Red CC SRW 4X4.
Doug

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stephen, great to hear from you again funny how the lord changes your way in work.

Doug that was Crumm, Dave and I were talking about him not to long ago. Was talking to some guys on the jet boat sites and they had not heard from him in a long time too. One guy said he thought he was killed in a logging accident but was not shore. Another said he was in logging in AK too and had not see him at all on the road at all.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes... Welcome Back Stephan !!! And REAL GOOD to hear things have turned around for You & Yours.

Joe

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, he's the one. Didn't know him well we swapped a IM or two a few times. I thought he drove a fuel tanker part of the year.
Doug

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome back Bama!!!!! Glad things are working out for you. When I got laid off in October 2010 by the company where I had worked for over 23 years, I felt like a fish out of water. I had started with them as a part time sales rep. I never thought I wanted to get back on the phones again but that's what I've been doing for almost two years now. Of course my work now is a little different. I'm selling Medicare supplements and prescription drug plans. With the new enrollment season starting on October 15th, it will be extremely busy to say the least We're really slow now and getting a chance to go through the annual certifications required by all the insurance carriers that we represent. Our call center had around 500 people last year, this year we're expecting to have around 1500.

Speaking of Crumm, I haven't heard anything either. We traded a few PM's at one time. Supposedly he had a dog that was related to a dog that was owned by Sarah Palin and her family. If someone could locate his "real" name, maybe we could do some Google or Yahoo searches about him.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58