I want smoke stacks.

trubo89

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey im kinda new to the diesel world and i just bought and 08 f-250 fx4 and I want to get a pair of smoke stacks. But I dont really know of any brands or how many are there or which brand is the best? I did a little research and i noticed that you lose a little bit of bed space because of the pluming coming up from cat is there kits that fit under the bed so you dont lose any bed space? Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about stacks for an 08, with the room afforded by the cat and DPF. But, in general, it's hard to do all the T and elbow stuff below the bed, as the frame rails, driveshaft and fuel tank are in the way.

jturbodiesel

X PREZ
Reaction score
I don't know anything about stacks for an 08, with the room afforded by the cat and DPF. But, in general, it's hard to do all the T and elbow stuff below the bed, as the frame rails, driveshaft and fuel tank are in the way.
don,t think you can do it keeping the cat, my T starts by the downpipe minus the cat and muffler , runs down both sides of the frame and then up through the bed.I'll take some pics for you tommorrow.:sweet

Last edited:

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don,t think you can do it keeping the cat, my T starts by the downpipe minus the cat and muffler , runs down both sides of the frame and then up through the bed.I'll take some pics for you tommorrow.:sweet

Ah, I can see that working. Never seen it done, though, but haven't really been looking for it either. Stacks aren't for me.

Taylor_Mish

Taylor_Mish
Reaction score
turbo89... I've been pondering doing the same thing. I'm about ready to get my DPF delete programming so in a perfect world I will go with an in-bed
t-pipe and build a pipe to connect to the down pipe. Seems like a fairly straight forward way to go.

jturbo... Can you hook us up with some pics? Thanks

I guess while we're on the subject, anyone have any input on the best place to get a stack kit, or a good way to piece one together?

thanks,
T

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 7 inch grand rock stack kit on my 02. It was easy to install and can get quite loud at higher rpms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64