idle/surge problem

runnindiesel

yeppers....
Reaction score
ok my girlfriend took my truck (2003 Ford F250 6.0L all stock) in for me to the dealership because i have an extended warranty on it. i start the truck up and the idle would kick up on its own, if i would be idleing in drive some place at a stop light or just sitting there it will idle up and back down. it keeps doing that over and over again. the stealership told me that the turbo was sticking and that the warranty will cover replacement, so they did that and replaced the ball joints and i wanna say thats it. They also checked the egr valve and they said they tried a new one and it still idled bad thats when they put the turbo on. Its had one injector replaced, and the sensor on the back of the engine that goes bad and has the oil leak. i get it back on last monday and take it out this weekend and going into work yesterday it started the idle issue again.im at my wits end here and dont know what to do. i jsut dropped 1200 bucks at the dealership. any and all advice would be greatly appreciated and ill just do the work myself now.

Last edited:

atk

Reaction score
sounds like the ICP sensor. the idle will spike when this sensor goes bad. it does sit under the turbo on the 03 engines....is that the sensor they replaced? did they also replace the pigtail(electrical connector)for that sensor. when i replaced mine, they recommended changing that connector too do to the fact if it got oil soaked, it won`t make a good connection or short out....hope this helps

runnindiesel

yeppers....
Reaction score
it has been replaced once last year around october im not sure if they replaced the pigtail or not though

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58