I'm disapointed too

JoeCamper

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've had way too many problems with my truck and I only have 17,000 miles on her. So far, bad transmission front seal and torque converter, bad DEF tank and bad DEF pump, the memory function no longer works for seat, mirror and pedals. The radio must have a disk that it "writes" to because it stutters now. I had a engine fuel filter break and spray fuel all over the engine and engine hood. Wednesday, I found I have a fuel gage problem. I filled the tank on Monday and went to my Doctor on Wednesday. I had used about 3.1 gallons of fuel according to the computer. When I came out of the Doctors office and fired up the truck, the "low fuel" message came on. I looked at the gage and it was showing empty. I shut down the truck and got out. I looked underneath. No puddles, nothing wet, no sign of a leak. I wondered if someone siphoned off my fuel. Since I'm anal, I always stop the fuel cap so the word "Diesel" is at the 12 o'clock position. I knew a crook probably wouldn't do that and would probably spill some fuel. Opened the fuel door and everything was as it should be. I then figured that I probably had a full tank. Just to be sure, I went to the nearest gas station and filled it up. I put 3.4 gallons of fuel into it and the nozzle clicked off. When I cranked back up, the gage needle went to full and stayed there. Fast forward to today... I had used 1.8 gallons of fuel and I watched the needle fall to the empty mark and the "low fuel" message came back on. Is this truck this unreliable or do I have a lemon? I've been a Ford man most of my life, but at this rate, I better trade for a Chevy or Dodge before my warranty runs out. :dunno

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You can have the same problems with a Dodge or a Chevy. Don't believe you won't. Getting another truck will probably solve your problems, no matter which brand. All of the makers can create problem trucks.

Dave

mater69

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had to have my def tank and wire harnass replace few months ago also, they told me just wire rubbing on frame caused mine to short out. I also have had mine in the shop multiple times for other things to. My biggest complaint is the bad rearend hop or very constant recoil in rearend that nauseates you driving it. Every one says it just because its one ton truck, I have been driving one tons medium duty trucks for almost 20 years hav not notices that in those vehicles.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58