in-cabin assist handles for 97 F350?

XOC

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I want to get entry-assist pull handles that install on the inside of the cabin - I am thinking pretty much right next to the retracted seatbelt behind the outside shoulder of the driver/passenger. Someone at a truck parts shop gave me some line about how you could only do exterior handles on a 97 F350 because of the interior plastic or something. That sounds like bs to me -- behind the plastic lives metal, no?

Anyone who has done it or knows how I would - any particular recommendations?

tia. :)

Reaction score
Go to ford and get the triangle ones on the 99-04 and screw em in. Course dont use 4 inch screws. Better yet put the handles up mark the holes then drill and tap for 7/16th's screws they'll be heavy enough to hold someone.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
Sam's idea is what I did in mine and they work great. My pics don't add anything but there are a couple in my pic link. You can get Taurus handles from a junk yard pretty easy.

XOC

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Actually is there any reason why I wouldnt be able to just get a couple metal handles from home depot or somewhere and just screw them in with long sheet metal screws?

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
the screw length wont do anything for you necessarily, you will only be going through the wall of whatever you screw into and none of the metal anywhere near where you would install them is terribly thick. Too long and you would risk coming through the other side somewhere you don't want to.

The link to Sam's idea is the best way for durability - the handles attach to the truck through the rubber expansion nuts and they absorb most of the stress put on the handles when used. I would be concerned metal handles with sheet metal screws would pull free and you would have a big, unusable hole to look at.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
What info are you looking for? I bought my handles at a junkyard out of a taurus that was the same interior color. Blue Mule's link (above) takes you to a good site on how to do it. Mine work fine so let me know if you have a specific question.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58