In dash dvd/nav systems

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Lookin to upgrade my stock radio/tape deck for a double din in dash dvd player with navigation. Pioneer seems to be top dog in this market. Any other brands to consider or models? I would like to have a back up camera too eventually.

lone_star_dsl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at quite a few before settling on the Pioneer P4300. I'm really happy with it so far. One thing that I do hate about it though is that it's a multi-step process to change the brightness of the screen. I wish it had a day/night switch.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the input. I've been reading reviews and some of the older pioneers were glitchy and slow. And if they had a built in nav system it would take forever for the gps to get a signal. Im lookin at the brand new pioneer best buy has right now. Its priced at $299. How much it usually cost for them to install it? Im capable of installing myself though.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a Pioneer AVIC-D3. Never had a problem with speed for the GPS. I liked it because I had a back up camera with it and it worked great. I put my camera in the bumper next to the tag was great for trailer hook up or see what was just behind you. Had mine wired to play moives too. Been thinking about getting another one for the 08 truck.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
$50 or so I believe. Not very hard to install. I was just lazy at the time lol

Travis

I went to bestbuy today to look. They didnt have the new model in stock but the one I want doesnt have nav in it. Which is ok cause i think im gonna get a normal gps for my motorcycle. I asked how much it was to install this system and they said $120. Im gonna do it myself and have my bro help me. Shouldnt be hard at all.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I had a Pioneer AVIC-D3. Never had a problem with speed for the GPS. I liked it because I had a back up camera with it and it worked great. I put my camera in the bumper next to the tag was great for trailer hook up or see what was just behind you. Had mine wired to play moives too. Been thinking about getting another one for the 08 truck.

I'd love to hook up a reverse camera. Where you get them and what brand? Hard to install?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd love to hook up a reverse camera. Where you get them and what brand? Hard to install?

Pioneer AVIC-D3 came with the set up for a back up camera. 2 wires one with a RCA jack and the other was to the rev. light so it came on with you going into rev. The camera was a e bay find for 20 bucks. Brand was a CMOS camera, 120 deg view in color with 65' night vision view. I liked it so much, I got a second one for extra.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58