Injector change no start!!!

jeeps and fords

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well I just changed out my fuel injectors on my 2000 7.3 and now the pump everything turns on to the key but it wont turn over or start it just goes click with the key. I double checked grounds and plugs with no luck. It also doesn't throw a code. It acts like a ground is missing. If I missed plugging in a glow plug could that cause it to not even turn over? Please help!!!

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
got a cylinder full of oil would be my guess..

pull the glow plugs and see if it'll roll over then...

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
got a cylinder full of oil would be my guess..

pull the glow plugs and see if it'll roll over then...

x4
Put the valve covers back on after you pull the plugs or you will paint your shop with oil :D

Last edited:

jeeps and fords

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok guess I'll do the glow plug trick but does anyone know the size socket I couldn't get one on there I think the 1/4" drive was too narrow inside...

jeeps and fords

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Btw would the hydro lock cause the started to not even engage I mean how do people bend the rods if the starter won't even engage?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
If the starter doesn't engage, than NOTHING happens. No bend rods. If the starter engages for a second, then you can get bent rods. The way to check if it is hydrolocked is to put a socket on the crankshaft bolt/nut and see if it will move.

Dave

jeeps and fords

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ya I'm almost positive I got all the liquid out but my main problem is that after doing everything when I initially went to start it the starter won't engage.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
Wont engage? Like it spins but the solenoid does not pop it to the flex plate? Or does not do anything at all?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58