Question Injector problem worst #5---less #1

fitterboytoo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
04 f-350 6.0 4X4 no mods 28k

Did not realize the extent of damage that can be done by not enought fuel delievered thru 2 injectors.. Hole in piston on #5 and starting another on #1. Reading thru motor injection problems this was more problems on the first manufactured motors in 03 and thru 04--is there any way to tell if my motor was a hold-over from 03.
How is compression testing done on diesel? FB2

atk

Reaction score
03 motors had the ICP sensor underneath the turbo and in 04 they moved it to the right valve cover. i think sometime in late 03 they did the switch. my truck is an 04(07/03 production date)with the 03 motor....hope this helps

fitterboytoo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there in Ford land have answer on how compression is checked on diesel at FoMoCo??? AND Is there any other way to really check to see if injectors malfunction other then pull each one and check--am I correct on this assumtion?? FB2

dieselredneckva

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have checked compression on a diesel once. for the most part it is similar to doing it as on a gasoline. you will need a diesel compression gauge. i looked into buying one, but i will tell you they are VERY expensive for a good Snap On diesel compression tester. $500+. My friend is a diesel mechanic and he loaned me his and we did a compression test on a old 7.3 i had. and for that one all i had to do was unscrew the Glow plugs if i remember correctly and pull a fuse or relay. it wasn't that hard. the hardest part was getting the glow plugs out in the rear cylinders.

fitterboytoo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
injector buzz test.
Thanks, they did all the test checks on the motor to include-turbo vane advance, EGR, indivual injector, oil pressure--all ECM test and all showed ok---injectors work-they were either plugged somewhat or something wrong in the mechanism/maybe defective? Mechanic started motor and could hear after starting and walking around to the front of truck a slight motor noise he stated--that led to the compression check and then tear down---FB2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim