Injectors...AA, AB, etc...diff?

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
AA- Single shot injectors used in OBS trucks
AB- Split shot injectors used in early 99 Superdutys (and maybe some of the later OBS trucks?)
AC- High Output single shot injectors used in the larger motors used in IH trucks. Also used in some 7.3's by some sickos to go faster. :innocent
AD- Higher out split shot injectors used in 99.5 and later 7.3's
AE- Long lead injectors used to silence "fuel cackle" issue that was really caused by fuel delivery issues.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could I switch from AD's to AC's without any issues as well?

it'll run but you won't get the performance gain without computer programming at a minimum and your stock HPOP needs to be in good shape.

JRJ04

Reaction score
well ive got the dp tuner, and im sure i could have it reflashed if necessary...how would one know what sort of condition my stock hpop is in?

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
HPOP condition

You would start by finding a gauge capable of 4-5000 psi equipped with a valve(open & close), a extra IPR harness and then you need to retrofit a set of lines to have the gauge/valve inline with the factory lines to the cylinder heads, I've known this test as the DeadHead test, engine oil temperature should be as hot as possible, shut engine off then close the valve and jump the IPR with a full 12 volts to open it completely. The gauge should read the maximum output pressure of the pump and then you know it's in good condition, around 4500-5000 psi is great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track