Help Needed Injectors went out

gohandragon65

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The other day I took my truck in for an oil change and to have new fuel filters put in. The check engine light was on so I had the check that out too. It came with codes that I didn't really understand but from what I gathered online is that the injectors are going/have gone out. It revs high very quickly and it just runs like crap. I'm wondering if anyone has had to get new injectors and did they do it themselves? Or is it a better idea to have someone do the work for me? Does anyone know of a good place to find good injectors that won't cost to much...I know they're expensive anyway you go. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need to get my truck running right.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would run some Hot Shot though it first, 50 buck for a good chance it will fix it. Before I dive in to a few 1000. for injectors. I had the dealer look at my 04 and they said I needed 4 injectors. One of my friends that work there told me to try it. So I did cleaned up the skip and smoothed out the motor. I use it every 3rd oil change.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What joe said. Never had any problems running it. I use it in my 6.4 motor, no problem here.
You maybe shocked in how your motor run with it after a few miles.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr