Question Injectors

Jaxn76

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm changinf out my injectors and glow plugs this weekend. Any tricks or tips would be welcomed. Thanks in advance.:dunno

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
patients and make sure you get the fuel & oil out of the cylinder before you put the injectors back in or you'll bend a connecting rod.

Look for the injector replacement article from 95stroker in the wiki (link is in the blue bar at the top of the page.

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
I haven't seen that article but here is a small tip I learned from an oldschool guy. When your done removing them and suck all the oil and fuel out make a leverage tool out of some 3" u-channel and a long bolt that will thread into the valve cover bolt hole. When you tighten the bolt by hand and push down on the injector it will slide in with ease. Hitting them with a hammer is a bad idea (seen it!). Unless of course you have a injector install tool then forget I said anything. :nutkick: Good luck buddy.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
somebody was cranking them in with the trucks' jack propped against the hydroboost unit...

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all I needed to do whats a firm bump with my palm to get them seated. then torque the bolt down correctly

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I believe that those photos are of our own Tbar.

DON'T force the injectors, don't use a hammer.

smear them with assembly oil...

suck the oil out of the cylinders...

when you're done, drive it like you stole it to work the air out of the oil galleys

Jaxn76

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well just got my injectors changed out. Chn=anged glow plugs and valve cover gaskets as well. Took a bit to getter going but it finally fired up. Wow teh power I noticed was unreal. Probably put 20 miles on around my home, easy and gettin on it. Parked it for the night plugged in of course. Below zero here in hte northwoods of WI. Next day fires up ok, take for a ride and notice that at RPMs of 1700 or less it runs ruff as hell. Next day took on road trip to Green Bay figures it would clear out but nothing doing. At 50 mph, 1500 rpms, the steering wheel is like to shake out my hands. Anybody had anything like this happen? Thanks for reading.:dunno:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58