Installed a pair of Banks....

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...Intercooler Tubes and "Hump Hose" Boots this weekend. Got'm from Diesel Power Products (Dave Meheen).

Real good fit, good quality stuff. They'r Powder coated, the fit is better than OEM cuz they seem to be routed just a bit different, they don't touch, rub or are to near anything. NO crush bends or dimples. (like OEM)

Prolly the best thing about'm is, they have the Rolled (a ridge) ends. The I/C inlet and outlet as well as the "Y" pipe, have rolled ends, so..... when these things are installed, and the clamps tightened, it will be nearly impossible to blow a boot off.

I blew an OEM boot off..... Go'n up a 6% at WOT with my FW..... Better than any NO-DOZE or Anti-Depressant known to man :eek: :eek:

No Power/Performance thing here.... Just a real good "Fail-Safe" Mod.

JOE

Last edited:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I'll make it a point to the driver next month that I'd like to drop by your place Joe to check out the newly installed tubes & boots on the truck :sweet

Bill

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
I'll make it a point to the driver next month that I'd like to drop by your place Joe to check out the newly installed tubes & boots on the truck :sweet

Bill

As discussed before Bill, The coffee's alwayz on, er' thers a cold one in the refer. ;) :)

If anyone is going to do this upgrade (Roosterdiesel) ? Heres a couple of hints:

Remove whatever air filter assembly you have, clear to the CCV mount. Remove the 3, 8mm mounting bolts from the Coolant recovery tank so you can move it around. (Room to work stuff)

Wipe the inside of the Boots with a very lite coating of Liquid soap before you install them. (Helps you in being able to tweak the tubes into location before tightening the clamps). Install the boots on the I/C & "Y" first, then the tubes.

Whole thing took me 2 hours. Your performance may very.

JOE

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Joe did you happen to pull the CAC for a thorough cleaning inside/out after doing the CCV?

I'll take you up on the coffee for sure just be sure to email/PM/chat me with directions to your place again :sweet

Bill

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg