Installed CCV kit......

TurboTy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but now that i have it installed, i got mine from ITP by the way, awesome kit too, had everything i needed, but now since my truck has some decent blow by, it tends to look like a foggy mess behind me at idle sometimes, lol...mostly only notice at night when cars are behind me with lights on, only got 86,000 miles on her, but was just wondering if anybody else found this when installing the kit?...i vented mine to the atmosphere like the kit said, back by the rear. Any help would be appreciated-popcorn

CHPMustang

Reaction score
We have a light amount of vapor that comes from the ccv kit on our Excursion that exits by the exhaust tailpipe.

When time permits I'll have a bung welded to the exhaust tubing for the vapors will somewhat dissipate with the hot exhaust flow.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
SDD member "whatabudro" had done the same to exhaust bung and I really can't notice the vapors when it's running,perhaps Bryan will chime in with his feedback:sweet

aklim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is normal. When I installed mine to the tailpipe, I used it to tell me if the thing was suctioning it right. When I hooked it up to the exhaust, it looked a little cloudy and when I took it out, the exhaust cleared up.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Its still there even tied into the exhaust, just not as bad as it was before.

********This should be done after the mufler on a stock exhaust.

aklim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TurboTy said:
cool, thanx for the replys guys, i'm gonna get a bung and fitting this week and do it up. :thumbs

You don't need to go that way. I got a piece of black pipe from Menards, cut the right angle on it, drilled a hole at the right angle and had it welded in by someone.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at the WIKI page that Antonio sent me on the CCV install, (http://superdutydiesel.com/wiki2/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=5)
and on the ITP site: (http://www.itpdiesel.com/store.php?crn=138&rn=505&action=show_detail)

and...ok, I'm an idiot :confused: but what is the 4" metal tube supposed to hook into? I suppose it is inline with the turbo intake, but why? Is that the section that the stock system sucks the vapors into the turbo? If so, what happens to the turbo when it loses all that lubricant, is that a problem?

Anybody done this with the aFE intake tube to the turbo?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64