Installing a AC unit on a round roof????

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what are you putting it on other then a round roof???? house , camper, tent,

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of RV, is it a Air Stream, It should have a spot in the roof where the AC goes,
that is already braced up for the AC. You may have to call the co and ask them where
the AC goes on your rig.
Doug

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
This guy.

11099d1278271750-superduty-tow-transport-pics-what-you-pulling-out-there-media1-5-.jpeg

I'm really getting cold feet about buying a RV. But there is no way I can make another race with a nagging wife and a 120 pound BLACK dog without AC. I was just going to wait and have the AC with the RV but I am not sure I can wait any longer. Last time I asked camping world and they said you need to make some sort of jig to get it to seal up right. I was wondering if anyone heard that too?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll need to put in a frame work that goes to the walls to carry the load. You will need a gen. to power it. Go on line and look at Ebay for the RV A/C unit. I saw some there the other day. Stay away from buying from camping world they have a big mark up. Check and see if there are any RV salvage yard close to you. I have found some great thing off new RV there.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, thanks for the picture, Dog is on the right track with staying away from Camping World. Your hole in the
top will have to be a 12 x 12 and when you do the bracing to hold it you will need to brace all 4 sides about
3.5 in to maybe 4 in. of the 12 X 12. hole.
If the top is to rounded just move to one side a little. The new seal is about 1 in thick and can seal out a lot.
Don't over tighten it the first time. I hope I am helping some, I am not real good at explaining, what I am thinking. LOL
Doug

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
yep piece of cake and they make a fatter FOAM seal kit for most RV roof mounted a/c units just for non flat roofs.
everyone else hit the nails head on

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64