Installing factory fog lights

Crusin350

D Dub
Reaction score
I have a set of factory fog lights off an '01 superduty that have been laying around for a couple of months now and plan on installing tomarrow. Does anyone know where I can find a connector that will plug into the back of the light bulb? I dont need to do this step right away, but I would like to go ahead and wire them while the bumper is off.

Thanks

bonestroker

stroke it if you got it
Reaction score
it should be on the drivers side by the parking lights with a zip tie hiding it thats were mine was any way:D

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
The 99's aren't wired for them bone. I wired mine in on my 00 and bought pigtails from autozone, then wired them into the parking lights via a relay.

Crusin350

D Dub
Reaction score
Pigtails... thats what im looking for. sounds like I can pick them up at the local auto parts store.

Im also planning on installing some clearance lights in the near future. I bought some off ebay, they are the ones with Led's instead of regular bulbs. Do you think I can wire these off the same relay that I use for my fog lights?? Id like to keep the number of aftermarket wires and relays to a minimum.

Thanks for the help!!!
it should be on the drivers side by the parking lights with a zip tie hiding it thats were mine was any way
Ill check here will im under there, just in case thanks Bone

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
That should work as long as you buy a large enough relay and pull the power off the battery. The LED clearance lights could be tied into the headlight switch since LED loads are super small.:sweet

Crusin350

D Dub
Reaction score
Finished

I love working on this truck... so far whenever I have to do something to this truck, the job goes much faster and easier than I thought. :D

Less than 45 Minutes by myself and the project was done, and hands washed!

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crusin350, :sweet :sweet Looks good, and it feels good when you are the one who did the job on YOUR truck. You will enjoy working on the cab light also. I did them years ago on a 1984 Crew Cab I had.:thumbs

Crusin350

D Dub
Reaction score
I think the best part of that whole deal is that I have less than $12.00 invested!!! my kind of mod

As far as the cab lights, Im estimating around $90.00 total. I got kind anxious to start today so I started pulling the pannels off; inside the truck. Then ran to the dealership and orderd the wiring harness. Man Im ready to start drilling.

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crusin350 said:
I think the best part of that whole deal is that I have less than $12.00 invested!!! my kind of mod

As far as the cab lights, Im estimating around $90.00 total. I got kind anxious to start today so I started pulling the pannels off; inside the truck. Then ran to the dealership and orderd the wiring harness. Man Im ready to start drilling.

The clearance lights are easy to do and looks great. Don't know why I did not order mine with them??? Brain dead I guess. :roflmao

You just have to get yourself ready to drill that first hole! :eek:

Also, remember, measure 5 times drill once. :thumbs

Barrett

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58