Question intake,exhaust check engine light

kmoykey24

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just Installed an AFE intake,and a DPF back straight pipe exhaust on my 08 6.4. Shortly after install my check engine light came on. Does anyone have advice for me. Thank you.

Fine69

Reaction score
There have been a lot of people saying an intake will throw codes, you definitely need a scanner.

Last edited:

MURR3061

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is one of your codes P2002? my truck threw that every time i ran airade or tried afe CAI. if that is the case call the manufacturer of the CAI and get your money back. the one filter i haven't had a problem with , is airades drop in replacement for the stock air box. Part # 860-348

Last edited:

ducky1402

Reaction score
i had the exact same thing happen to my truck with afe intake. took it to dealer code p02002. dealer said that all the 6.4s for some reason will throw that code with after market airfilter. TSB09-16-09. They reflashed my pcm and ic. Told me the check engine light may or may not come back on if it does truck doesn't like airfilter. Drove little over 500 miles now no check engine light :)

08SuperDiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i had the exact same thing happen to my truck with afe intake. took it to dealer code p02002. dealer said that all the 6.4s for some reason will throw that code with after market airfilter. TSB09-16-09. They reflashed my pcm and ic. Told me the check engine light may or may not come back on if it does truck doesn't like airfilter. Drove little over 500 miles now no check engine light :)

So you are still running the AFE intake?

Where does a guy find the document for these TSB's? I searched google and just got a bunch of junk on other ford vehicles, not the super dutys:dunno

ducky1402

Reaction score
yep still have the afe no check engine light after they reflashed almost 1k after now.. I have no idea where to find info on tsb other than dealership. Its on my printout from when i took truck in. I would just take it in as long as you don't have other stuff on truck ie... chip, dpf delete, and on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58