Integrated Brake Controller

Wranglerkenny

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have an 06 F-250 Super Duty with the integrated brake controller. When I am pulling my 18 ft. flat bed, the trailer fault light shows and the brake controller flashes when the brakes are applied. The brakes seem to work OK, but I am wondering where to start looking for the problem. I am going to hook up to my travel trailer to see if the same thing happens. Then I will know whether to look at my truck system or the trailer brakes.

Has anyone experienced similar problems?

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '05 is currently doing the same thing with my 5er hooked up. Except sometimes the trailer brakes work and sometimes they don't. After my trip last weekend the brakes aren't working most of the time instead of just occasionally. This is probably a good thing so I can track it down. It has gotten steadily worse so I'm thinking I've got a wire in the trailer harness that is losing contact or is broken from flexing. I'm going to work on it over the next few days and I'll post the results. :dunno

Wranglerkenny

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
OK, I hooked on to the travel trailer today and pulled it a few miles. No problems at all with the braking or controller. It must be in the flat bed trailer. That is a good thing, I hope. I can probably re-do the entire braking system on it for cheaper than having the truck fixed by a shop.

I'm gonna start by checking and maybe replacing the wiring all the back to the axles. After that I guess I will look at the brakes themselves.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
the IBC is very sensitive to loss of ground

double check the pigtail and that it actually has a ground and not using the ball as ground

bocephus87

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
IBC trouble

for the past two weeks my IBC has occasionally flashed "check trailer" in my dash for no apparent reason. It appears to happen after random bumps in the road, or if i tap it, and sometimes the message will langer for about a minute. I checked around my trailer wires for and kind of abrasions, but no luck. When i pull to the slider to 'test' my brakes the message lights up in the dash as it should, as well as the brake lights. I pulled in the drive tonight, after work and gave it a soft tap to see if it makes the brake lights flash. I didn't see any kind of flash, which is nice knowing when i am on the road :D Still though, that occasional ping and message is annoying. Sorry for the novel, and thanks for readin' 8-D I am going to check that ground mentioned earlier in this topic. Can i get to it from the small cubby below it?

bocephus87

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It appears the connector behind the controller is loose because everytime i reach through the small glove box under it, and wiggle the connector, it chimes. I managed to pull it out by a 1/4 of an inch, but cant seem to pull it loose. anyone ever remove theirs?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58