intermediate no starts

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
Ok ficm 47.5 v, with intermentant 0 icp. No codes . Does this after I have been running for a while. I have to let er sit and cool off then fires up again. Passes the pressure testing,Voltage stays between 48-47 v at key on and cranking, ICP sensor replaced and reads 0 until it starts again once cooled down, New IPR reads 85 during cranking. ECT & EOT with in 10 degrees of ea other at all times has been to dealer 3x now and doesn't do it there????
THE PROBLEM:
One of the more common issues plaguing 6.0L Powerstroke owners are hard hot-start issues. These issues are almost invariably caused by leakage in the engine's high pressure oil system which operates the fuel injectors. Possible leakage locations include the high pressure oil pump itself, New IPR Valve, STC fitting, branch tubes, NEW-standpipes,NEW- dummy plugs, oil rail ball tube o-rings, injector inlet seals, etc. If the leak or combination of leak sources is bad enough to prevent the system from building the 520 PSI required, the truck will not start under any condition - hot or cold. Locating the exact source of the leak(s) is the challenge.

2005 6.0 139k 4x4 , doesnt do it all the time but has been more regularly recently

Last edited:

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Bears - Did your FICM voltage stay up during cranking or did you just check with key on, not cranking? When my FICM failed recently, I had good voltage with key on, but dropped to low 20's during crank cycle.

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
Voltage stays between 48-47 v at key on and cranking, and after siting for 3 hrs it stated up again:rant:rant:rant:rant:rant

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
its either the oil pressure switch or the oil temp sensor..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58