Help Needed Intermittent brakes?

gdf250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I don't know if the "official" term is intermittent, but that's what I'm calling it. I have an '03 F250 with intermittent brakes. I just replaced front and rear rotors, pads, bled the brakes and the problem still occurs. I hit the brake pedal and the brakes grab, hit the pedal again and the pedal goes to the floor and I have to just about put my foot through the firewall to stop the truck. All the fluids are topped off, have not seen any leaks, etc. Also, when my foot is on the brake pedal and I attempt to turn the steering wheel, it turns very little. Someone told me this could be the assist? Any help is greatly appreciated. :dunno

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Try doing this first: With your foot on the brake, turn the wheel to the right and to the left, fully. Do this 3 or 4 times and see if the brakes work better. I am thinking air in the system. Turning the wheel left and right should purge it.

Dave

bomberman760

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I get this same thing. Feels like the ABS is activating and the pedal sinks. A quick lift and re-engage fixes it. Bled the brakes and didn't fix it. Just kind of learned to live with it for now until I'm done with some other projects.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
While you are at it, check the power steering oil level. The power steering powers the brakes, through the Hydro Boost.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58