iPod And A Factory 05-06 Radio

mikew5j

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have been doing some research on connecting my iPod directly to the factory single CD deck in my 2006 F350. I have found several adapters for the 1999 to 2004 Superduty (adapter made by Peripheral in particular, but I have found others), but I have found nothing for the 2005 to 2006 Superduty. I would like an adapter that uses the auxiliary CD changer input. I don’t want to use an FM transmitter, and I would like to avoid using a FM modulator. I would like to hear what others have done.

Max Power

Reaction score
I want one that allows you to control the ipod through the steering wheels controls etc. I do appreciate the links though. Thanks.

mikew5j

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but I’m also looking for something that has some functionality control through the factory deck, as well as the ability to charge the iPod.

The P.E.I. FRD04-AUX used in conjunction with this:
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/pieunipod.html

will solve the charging issue, but still will not allow controlling the iPod though the deck. If I cant find anything else, this is the way I will probably go.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Try this setup.
Install a satellite radio and or iPod controller in your Super Duty or Excursion
The audio is controlled through the AUX input of the CD-6 deck. The Harman-Kardon iPod controller also charges your iPod and allows you to hide it in a remote location such as the glove box or the console. You can see the screen and control the unit with the remote control by feel the way I have mine set up.

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
bill
yep thats what they sent me, looks like since my radio has the 16 pin empty, right now it will be an extra pigtail.........once i install the pei adapter kit.

could an adapter go in to say run a dvd player or ?????

CHPMustang

Reaction score
To my knowledge it's only for external audio sources,perhaps Richard may jump in here with additional input as he's abit more savvy with some of this stuff:sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58