iPod questions

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
My Mom sent me an iPod mini for my birthday. From what I understand(which is very little)you can download 1000 songs(.99c a song)or book-tapes on it and play them through your car radio. If that is what it does it will be real handy because I make a run twice a week which has over 400 miles(each way)with no radio reception. Now the tricky part. I read the box and it says I need Windows 2000 or Windows XP. Seems as though I have Windows Me. Is there an iPod or something similar that will work with Me? I looked around on the iPod site and didn't find anything. It also looks like I need a car charger and a cassette adapter. This is all to complicated, all I want to do is listen to some tunes. My Mom said she can take it back(it is still unopened)and get something different(like a southbend clutch for my truck)but I would like some tunes. Is there a better way? By the way satellite radio does not work up here either..

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Crumm said:
My Mom sent me an iPod mini for my birthday. From what I understand(which is very little)you can download 1000 songs(.99c a song)or book-tapes on it and play them through your car radio. If that is what it does it will be real handy because I make a run twice a week which has over 400 miles(each way)with no radio reception. Now the tricky part. I read the box and it says I need Windows 2000 or Windows XP. Seems as though I have Windows Me. Is there an iPod or something similar that will work with Me? I looked around on the iPod site and didn't find anything. It also looks like I need a car charger and a cassette adapter. This is all to complicated, all I want to do is listen to some tunes. My Mom said she can take it back(it is still unopened)and get something different(like a southbend clutch for my truck)but I would like some tunes. Is there a better way? By the way satellite radio does not work up here either..

Satellite radio (XM) is what I have for those trips. but as you have noted it is not available up North. I would get Win XP or 2000 if I was you. ME isn't one of Microsoft's better moves.

Dave

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Can I upgrade Me to XP or 2000? I have a little laptop and the Me seems to work fine but I guess not for the iPod.

Max Power

Reaction score
What are the specs of your laptop? Processor size and ram mainly. Me runs soooo bad you will be glad you did it.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Where do I look to get Processor size and ram? All I know is I bought it at Sams club several years ago(like that helps)lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64