Is this Gelled Fuel??? Help!!!!

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
My 99 cent filter before the pump gelled up a few days ago.-mad It was the day that we didn't get out of the low teens. When I was on my way home in the late evening, temp was in the single digits and I was dropping fuel pressure to 30psi when accelerating through the gears. This was with winter blend from a truck stop that's had it since October. Parked it overnight where it got down to -3 F. Next day it started and ran fine but the temp was up to the low 20's. I pulled the cheap filter anyway.

I'm not too familiar with your filters but I would think that they would be fine once you thaw out. I also think your fuel will be okay if treated. I use stuff from www.fppf.com. Good luck!

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Barrett, what you can do is dump about 5 gallons of kerosene in the tank. This will thin the fuel out and lower the cloud and gell points. SOme of the truck stops mix up to 20% kero in the winter. Keith

Invader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are u sure it gelled up, can't do it while the engine is running becuase there is a heater it the filter housing and also the return fuel warms up and circulates back to tank. Must still have a summer blend #2.
Last winter I had the stanadyne additive in my truck, the day I went to start it up, it was -35 F , she started without too much trouble. I know it should've be plugged in. I should also mentioned it was 15w40 as well. The two other diesels that were with me, seemed to think that the additive is BS..........But I was the one with the running vehicle that had to jump start theirs, after they had thawed them out enough with a tiger torch.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
architect-builder said:
I had PowerService (white bottle) in @ last fill up a couple of weeks ago. I also put the PowerService in yesterday when I filled up.
That powerservice is worthless. Get some Howes, Motorcraft or Shaffers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14