Issues updating Edge Juice with Attitude

jawalt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just received my Edge programmer for my 08 6.4L and of course the first thing I wanted to do is check for updates... I have tried updating the programmer on both my computers which are running Vista x64 and everytime it bombs out with an unspecified error at different parts of the process. The farthest its made it so far is clearing the configuration which i think is step 3. Has anyone else tried this on Vista or know of a hotfix or patch that enables the Edge Fusion software to run correctly?

Thanks

James

jawalt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Fixed my own problem... I ran the updater on a 3rd machine running Vista 32bit and things worked fine...

monsterair

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
2008 6.4L F-450 SD using Edge Juice w/Attitude

I'm thinking of installing an Edge Controller. Does anyone know if there are any warranty isues with Ford when using Edge Juice with Attitude? Will its use void any Ford Warranties? For anyone using the Edge, what kind of fuel econony/ performance improvements are you getting?

DutyCalls08

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
To my knowledge, no after market programmers or tuners are authorized by Ford, and the installation of one of these devices will void your warranty. You should be able to remove the device before taking the vehicle in for service without the dealer knowing it was ever installed. If there are any current Ford mechanics who can chime in with advice or first hand knowledge on the subject, please do. I can tell you that warranty coverage varies greatly from one dealer to another. Some are willing to help you and some are not. I know a guy who owns a '05 F350 dually with 8" of lift and 37's all the way around. The truck has multiple power adders installed, and he just had the transmission replaced for the third time in three years. The dealer was impressed that the truck was so clean and remarked about how there was no mud slung all over the underside. The dealer said that he didn't really care about the after market items as long as it wasn't obvious that the truck was being off-roaded hard. The moral of the story...shop around.

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a Rbp programmer in my 08' f-350 no problems so far , but since i got the intake and opened the exhaust up to 5" after the dpf i get the occasional check engine light which calls for low threshold which is weird b/c the exhaust opens up 6 " after the last sensor . now i see hahah why .....should of gone 4" o well !