its cottonmouth season

Tates97

Tate s97
Reaction score
.410 Snake charmer. After sittin in the pond for 20 min. next to a stump. I bump the stump and down into the boat falls a 4' water moc. You wanta see grown man scream like a gurl and walk on water like Jesus? I left and went staight to the gun shop and picked up the charmer. Short powerful good spread.One of us has to go... Thats my take on it. Tate

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.410 Snake charmer. After sittin in the pond for 20 min. next to a stump. I bump the stump and down into the boat falls a 4' water moc. You wanta see grown man scream like a gurl and walk on water like Jesus? I left and went staight to the gun shop and picked up the charmer. Short powerful good spread.One of us has to go... Thats my take on it. Tate

:roflmao :roflmao

Great story Tate...
I use a 12 ga. for the big ones. It works well for the small ones also. :D

Big Stu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I grew up in southern missouri, okark mountains to be exact. We had TONS of copperheads and cottonmouths to deal with. There is so many rivers, lakes etc there and they just thrive. Out here in arizona we have rattle snakes but i don't run into them very often. :thumbs

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
I had a bad case of cotton mouth when I got up this morning.
:roflmao

My apologies up front if I end up hijacking this thread but here is what I am getting in the next week or two. I will be getting this for snakes, gotta love a gun that shoots .45 & .410:

View attachment 5215
Taurus .45/410 Revolver.

GunBlast.com - Table of Contents
Taurus has introduced a handgun that may just be the ideal trail gun for those of us who live, work, and play among timber rattlers, cottonmouths, copperheads, and diamondbacks. It should also prove just as useful for our Western friends who must contend with the sidewinder and the Western version of the diamondback. I don’t know which I hate more, as all are ornery when cornered, but the cottonmouth is the only snake that I have ever had personally come after me. Most snakes will slither off if they can, except for maybe the copperhead, who just lies there quietly grinning and waiting for your approach. At least the rattlers will sound off and give you a chance to soil yourself just before he sinks those fangs into your flesh. However, in my experience, the cottonmouth is downright mean.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I been thanking about that same gun since I saw it a few days ago. Trying to get in on a group buy. Hope it works out for me. Need to get two of them, one for the truck and one for her car.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score

you'll put a hole in your boat!! :tounge

Tates97

Tate s97
Reaction score
I think it may only dent it. It barely pokes thru plastic barrels at 100' . Well the gun costs more than the boat ...so any reason to get a new boat. I guess I'm lookin to disorient the snake and save my fish and get on. Tate

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14