Its wednesday WHOSE working

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Its empty here in my office, all the layoffee's are out job hunting......
i could take a nap ......

tired of talking to myself...:D

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
I'm about 24hrs into a so far so good attempt to quit Copenhagen.:confused: :D :sweet I could be better, but I'll make it thru:rant :rant :innocent-popcorn

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
Its empty here in my office, all the layoffee's are out job hunting......
i could take a nap ......

tired of talking to myself...:D
I am working. I am about to quit, to tell you the honest truth. Had a boss lead me and my team down a path that led to a pretty bad situation, and now that the sh*t has hit the fan, he seems to be stepping back and out, and I see him preparing to begin placing blame. The second I see that happen, I am not sure what I'll do, but I'm thinking quitting is pretty high on the list. At least that way they can scapegoat me and the rest of the team won't get the shaft.

My immediate boss asked why I had gotten into this situation yesterday. Does it do any good to explain that it was because, against all of my better judgement, I followed HIS boss into the middle of a sh*tstorm, and now, because I didn't listen to my misgivings and concerns early on (driven by a sense of duty to do what my boss told me to do. I probably would have gotten fired if I'd refused) I am sitting here holding the bag.

I am an absolute zombie right now. I can't sleep, eating does not seem to hold the pleasure it ususally does, and to top things off, I threw out my back this weekend, and I am in absolute misery. I have been so bad, that my wife is getting worried.

My immediate boss gave me some advice yesterday, and I am following it as best I can, but the problem is just getting worse and worse due to the neglect of the higher-upper that got us here in the first place.

Aren't you glad you asked?

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
14 days tobacco free here, with no problems....good luck with the dip cessation....I really mean that.

My shift begins at 1800 hrs EST tonight, through 0600 tomorrow; a repeat on that tomorrow night, then I'm on my way down to Lawrenceburg, TN Friday morning and scheduled off Friday night. I have 18" of hardpacked horsecrap to break up and fork out of three 12'x20' stalls; requiring that I take down the front walls so I can get in there with the landscraper and then replace them afterwards.

Three of my brother-in-laws mares are scheduled to foal second/third week of March and time is short to get a clean floor and fresh straw in there for them. Then I have to haul them to the vet's for check-ups, weight, etc....poofy-azz TN Walking Horses (fixing to buy a beautiful sorrel quarterhorse/cowpony from a neighbor and haul it down there to set things right).

I'm going winter stir-crazy with cabin fever and need a roadtrip....best excuse yet and the only one so far since acquisition of the Super Duty my wife's been in agreement with. In hopes that the foaling holds off until my grand-daughter gets out of school for Spring Break, I'm hauling her and the wife down there to spend a couple of weeks on the ranch while I batch it at home.

And, it's about damned time a real cowboy cadillac hung out and is seen on my BIL's property instead of his lame F-150.:roflmao

Last edited:

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
tell ya what, a good time to quit dipping is when you're sick, im sick right now and i dont even want one at all, maybe i can skip doing it from now on

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
hoss
you need to move on, other than a few very rare employers, they DONT care, they only care about $$$ and who they can screw to make the most $$$
there is no loyalty anymore.
run, never let the job come home with you..
our companies sellout to the new company was to be "TRANSPARENT" thats the new word for " we going to stick it in you " we lost any employer matching for our 401k for 12 months. which sux very much, med and dental took a garbage dump. and the 401k we had is now locked until the IRS decides its legal for the funds to be rolled over.
and we laid off 9 folks which is half the folks on my team.
i need to start my own company , looks more and more promising everyday.

whatabudro, you at work or working for the MIL today? that would make it hard to give up a vice

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoss 350 said:
I am working. I am about to quit, to tell you the honest truth. Had a boss lead me and my team down a path that led to a pretty bad situation, and now that the sh*t has hit the fan, he seems to be stepping back and out, and I see him preparing to begin placing blame. The second I see that happen, I am not sure what I'll do, but I'm thinking quitting is pretty high on the list. At least that way they can scapegoat me and the rest of the team won't get the shaft.

My immediate boss asked why I had gotten into this situation yesterday. Does it do any good to explain that it was because, against all of my better judgement, I followed HIS boss into the middle of a sh*tstorm, and now, because I didn't listen to my misgivings and concerns early on (driven by a sense of duty to do what my boss told me to do. I probably would have gotten fired if I'd refused) I am sitting here holding the bag.

I am an absolute zombie right now. I can't sleep, eating does not seem to hold the pleasure it ususally does, and to top things off, I threw out my back this weekend, and I am in absolute misery. I have been so bad, that my wife is getting worried.

My immediate boss gave me some advice yesterday, and I am following it as best I can, but the problem is just getting worse and worse due to the neglect of the higher-upper that got us here in the first place.

Aren't you glad you asked?

Sorry to hear that....don't quit as it's the guy who's gone who carries all the blame and responsibility with him. Surely someone else is feeling the same pressures....work on them to quit and you can heap the crap on them instead.

Best solution is hang in there and make it obvious you're bustin' balls to rectify the current problems while the bosses focus elsewhere on finding a more proper scapegoat.

This crap comes with the turf in a fluid organization and is usually an opportunity if you handle it the right way.

Good luck.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
I'm at work to get away from the MIL. I had last week off, now I'm back at it.:td:

doug young

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys. this is doug from snohomish , Wa. sorry to hear about your work troubles. im fortunate enough i dont have to deal with the corporate crap. i work for a family run farm, growing and selling turf grass to landscapers and homeowners. its raining today so it is slow. i have a question about fuel. i have 120,000 mile on my truck, should i put in a fuel injector treatment to clean injectors? and i read an article in the technical article WIKI about shimming the FPR. what are the benefits to doing that and will it use more fuel?

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
hoss
you need to move on, other than a few very rare employers, they DONT care, they only care about $$$ and who they can screw to make the most $$$
there is no loyalty anymore.
run, never let the job come home with you..
our companies sellout to the new company was to be "TRANSPARENT" thats the new word for " we going to stick it in you " we lost any employer matching for our 401k for 12 months. which sux very much, med and dental took a garbage dump. and the 401k we had is now locked until the IRS decides its legal for the funds to be rolled over.
and we laid off 9 folks which is half the folks on my team.
i need to start my own company , looks more and more promising everyday.

whatabudro, you at work or working for the MIL today? that would make it hard to give up a vice

In any idyllic employment situation, loyalty, honor, integrity, et al plays a part; unfortunately, from the employer/management standpoint, profits, budget constraints, peripheral concerns and pressures, etc. play the predominant part. Beyond the mom n pop businesses it's never been all about loyalty....something pounded home in Human Resources in the Workplace 101.

An employee's paycheck reflects 100% fulfillment of a job description and is solely meant to pay the bills. Loyalty doesn't play a role just as neither does a job well done obligate an employer to give someone a pat on the back, some other kind of attaboy, or elicit any additional reward including job satisfaction or self-worth....all of that is included in the check.

Performance above and beyond the job description may provide additional rewards including advancement, but performance beneath the bar of the job description may prove disastrous, even if it's due to fallout from others' bad performance rather than of your own design. It's about covering your ass the best way you can to keep the paychecks coming.

Is it right....hell no! Is it going to change for the better? Ditto! If you have the desire, knowledge, abilities, capabilities, wherewithal to do a business start-up....by all means do it and don't look back. However, some consideration should be given to the proposition that it's generally accepted that the 3rd to 5th new business start-up is ultimately the successful one. If true, that would hold that one must stay gainfully employed in between attempts and it doesn't hurt to establish a proven successful employee track record to leave in your wake.

When you leave a place, do it on your terms leaving behind a positive personnel record. I'll make you a bet....find a member of your team who's really concerned and apprehensive as you are, and talk him/her into drawing a couple of weeks of leave time until this situation "blows over." That individual can be made to become the ideal scapegoat who may very well carry off another crony(s) into oblivion also.[/SOAPBOX]

Stay clean, amigo....and may outrageous good fortune always dog your footsteps.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track