just bought my first superduty f250 KR

sunilp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just got my first Ford Superduty f250. It has the KR package, 4x4 package, stabilizer package, nav, audiophile radio, Camera, Rear sensors, tailgate step. Have 100 miles on it so far and am pretty happy with it.

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh i thought he meant he has only put 100 miles on the truck,but it does seem like he means it only has a 100 miles total.

sunilp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
it's a brand new 2008 model. I am averaging 11.8 miles per gallon so far. Interested in some fuel efficiency mods. Anyone have any ideas.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
it's a brand new 2008 model. I am averaging 11.8 miles per gallon so far. Interested in some fuel efficiency mods. Anyone have any ideas.
Need some specs. I'm betting its a srw with 3.73's, in which case you could get dealer 3.55's, which would help. It should get better as the motor breaks in. Always hand calculate the mileage, don't use DIC numbers. You don't want to let it idle, and it shouldn't need more than a 30 second warm-up unless its very cold. Fuel mileage [or the lack of] seems to be the biggest complaint about the 08's. They are nice trucks, tho'.

sunilp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
will dealer replace stock 3.73 with 3.55 under warranty or is it something I have to buy. If so, does anyone know how much money?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why would the dealer do this work under warranty (if nothing is broken?)

dealers gonna nail you about 1800 bucks (or more, knowing
the dealers 'round here) on a rear gear swap.

the ring and pinion set are less than 400 bucks.

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sunilp,

Congratulations on the new truck. You will love the power and ride.

As for fuel economy, I wouldn't touch it for a while. I know my 6.0 just kept getting better and now my 6.4 seems to be doing the same. I have almost 14k miles now and I'm going to put my programmer on tomorrow night. I was going to do it sooner, but I wanted to wait til the motor had a few miles at least.

Your question on 3.55s...I highly doubt any dealer will change them under warranty. It would be you paying for parts/labor I'm sure. Personally, I wouldn't spend the 12-1800 on having them changed out. For that much coin, I'd do a Spartan Diesel Technologies programmer/dpf delete and get twice the mileage. :eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58