Help Needed Just driving me buggy

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my EGT gauge for two years and now the gauge is just bouncing around now and I'm going nuts with it. The grounds are good, can the prob. go bad? It's a autometer. :dunno Any other ideas?

Last edited:

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does this apply to a boost gauge as well? My boost gauge is fine at idle but when I give it fuel it bounces. The harder I skinny pedal, the more it bounces. if I ease into it, it still bounces but not nearly as much.
It still seems to be building good boost, It bounces up to the mid 20's and still feels like it has power. It also sounds the same as before

What do you guys think?

dpantazis

Reaction score
KKD- the boost gauge is pneumatic. i would look for a pinch in the line from the tap all the way to the gauge. check the fitting too, it could be loose and leaking.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KKD- the boost gauge is pneumatic. i would look for a pinch in the line from the tap all the way to the gauge. check the fitting too, it could be loose and leaking.

Thanks DP, thats what I figured, especially since it was not bouncing at idle. I am just going to replace the cheap plastic tubing that comes with it. I will probably make my own out of Vacuum hose.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks DP, thats what I figured, especially since it was not bouncing at idle. I am just going to replace the cheap plastic tubing that comes with it. I will probably make my own out of Vacuum hose.

FWIW ? NAPA sells some commercial grade 1/8 " line and compression fittings you tighten with yer fingers. (Knurled ?) I've used a lot of it and never had any problems.

Joe

A Hint ? Warm up the line in HOT water and straighten it out some... avoids kinking and is easier to feed.. from here, to there.

Last edited:

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Joe, I was at Advanced Auto Parts today and picked up a Sunpro copper tubing kit that is mostly used for oil pressure gauges. It is the same size as the cheapo plastic one that came with my gauges. It has the proper size ferrell and compression nut so I figured I would give it a try.
I would have checked NAPA and compared if I had seen your post earlier. I think the copper tubing will be good though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg