Just Harpooned my truck

Oboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it was not as bad as I thought. I cant give a “how long it took”, I was running around trying to pickup some tools that I wonted to get. With five auto stores here, and not one had what I wonted! Anyway, things went well and I just got back from filling her up. I was able to get in 31 gallons, with what I had in the tank, before I started. Well worth it! :sweet

CoryNM yours is next, Ill have every thing we will need.

Thanks to Ford_Forgotton! :thanks

Mark

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant believe no one had those fuel line disconnect tools!!

6_Pc_AC_Fuel_Line_Disconnect_Tool_Set_B0000AXBJ4.jpg

Those are the ones I got. Pepboys had em. Most of the other places only had singles, and I wasnt sure what mine were, so I went with the multi-pack.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
I cant believe no one had those fuel line disconnect tools!!

6_Pc_AC_Fuel_Line_Disconnect_Tool_Set_B0000AXBJ4.jpg

Those are the ones I got. Pepboys had em. Most of the other places only had singles, and I wasnt sure what mine were, so I went with the multi-pack.
Daryl,isn't the fuel line connection type the same on the SD's as the Excursions as I had my fuel line release tool set like the one you have pictured but didn't need them for the intank moddies as the connections on our X was held on by plastic snap on clips :dunno

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Daryl,isn't the fuel line connection type the same on the SD's as the Excursions as I had my fuel line release tool set like the one you have pictured but didn't need them for the intank moddies as the connections on our X was held on by plastic snap on clips :dunno

Mine had a plastic "shield" that I removed, then slipped that tool inside the metal housing to actually "remove" the line.

I dont know how he got his lines off without the tools! I did suggest he cut them off and install hose clamps instead, as those quick connect fittings work great under pressure, but actually suck air under vacuum.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
Mine had a plastic "shield" that I removed, then slipped that tool inside the metal housing to actually "remove" the line.

I dont know how he got his lines off without the tools! I did suggest he cut them off and install hose clamps instead, as those quick connect fittings work great under pressure, but actually suck air under vacuum.
That's what we did we just removed the leaky quick disco and installed the hose line from the pickup to the pre pump filter then to the fuel pump all double screw clamped at each point.

I'm looking towards adding in a Dahl 100 in the near future :sweet

_CH_

Nautiques Freak
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Here ya go Mark! Dahl 100 :sweet

CHP - is that just an upgrade (and in addition to) to stock water/fuel separator?

PS – lemme know when you’re going to be in town/available….. since you have done it before I might have to see if I can ‘recruit’ you so we can harpoon my tank as well. :D

CHPMustang

Reaction score
_CH_ said:
CHP - is that just an upgrade (and in addition to) to stock water/fuel separator?

PS – lemme know when you’re going to be in town/available….. since you have done it before I might have to see if I can ‘recruit’ you so we can harpoon my tank as well. :D
_CH_ the Dahl 100 is a way more affordable and easy way to change out fuel filters and you can also observe any water or other junk that is coming from the tank before it even makes it to the fuel pump & beyond :thumbs
The transparent bowl can hold up to 24oz of water which makes draining of the captured water,contaminants,fuel clean and easy versus the factory methods on the 7.3L and the 6.0L

Yes it is an add-on filter water separator.

We are back in Home Sweet Home Texas(Thank Godness!) and would be more than happy to help out with any of the mods I've done,a few other local Diesel friends and I try to hook up once in awhile to turn wrenches that have done the pre pump/in tank mods on several trucks :cowboy:

_CH_

Nautiques Freak
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
We are back in Home Sweet Home Texas(Thank Godness!) and would be more than happy to help out with any of the mods I've done,a few other local Diesel friends and I try to hook up once in awhile to turn wrenches that have done the pre pump/in tank mods on several trucks :cowboy:

awesome! i always love getting back in Tx after being gone a while as well - while i LOVE it here i always forget how hot it is, as its inevitably cooler wherever i was.

Just send me a PM or post whenever you might have time to work on it - im pretty tied up for the next two weeks, but after that i should be able to open up some time :sweet :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr