KEM Performance DPF delete

Taylor_Mish

Taylor_Mish
Reaction score
I have a buddy who is using Kem Performance's (out of Florida) programming to delete his DPF and get the smoke/mileage/power back in his '08 F350. He is installing the stuff as we speak. Anyone else done this with this system or any other reliable way?

I'm gonna find out how his install goes and take a look at the truck on Saturday... I'll post the results, just wondering if anyone else has had luck.

there's actually a clip on youtube showing the system on two diff 6.4's...
-T

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know the results. I'm pretty sure removing the DPF is a big no no but I could be wrong.

We'll see I suppose!

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Don't take this as gospel, it's just rumors over the grapevine.

I had heard that the DPF is a 2010 emissions requirement. Vehicles made prior to 2010, actually are not required to have DPF's under current emissions standards. Maybe manufacturers are just "getting jump" on the DPF thing.

Taylor_Mish

Taylor_Mish
Reaction score
I wouldn't doubt that manufacturers are getting a head start to cover themselves in the future... It would be costly to have a late released vehicle due to missed deadlines.

As far as I know rustin, your are right! you can get fined for taking it off just as you could taking off a cat... The friend of mine that is doing it however has a pretty good relationship with his service guys and seems to think that they will turn their heads... At least they have in the past. I'm gonna wait to see how his turns out and make sure I can make the thing stock again before I jump in.

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taylor,

That sounds good to me. Let me know what happens with it. I'm tempting myself with the thoughts of tuners and straight pipes.

Taylor_Mish

Taylor_Mish
Reaction score
Ok so he dropped by my work yesterday with the DPF delete system installed...:thumbs

Basically the pipe has a plate that bolts to the back of the cat (about 8in in diam.) and there is a 3in hole in that which the pipe is bolted into... If you can picture that its not very efficient because the cat flows all of its 8in diam... My buddy is going to be making some cones to gradually reduce the cat down to the 3in tubing...

The tuner is a Superchips Flashpaq which the dealer sets up to cancel the regen mode and it has three tunes: 1) Tranny only 2) Mild/Tow 3) Street (I guess this one makes the truck pretty fun and adds amost 100hp?

Unfortunately you cannot update the tuner from a web site being as the custom tuning is only avaliable from the one dealer and you will lose that ability to cancel regen therefore deleting your DPF delete system lol.

Thats my experience... He said he picked up 2mpg right off the bat so we will see what towing brings.

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice. Keep us posted on long term positives and negatives of the system. I'm probably going to wait 6 months or so. That should be about 20-25k miles and I'll probably be ready for some difference at that point.

Thanks,
Rusty

Taylor_Mish

Taylor_Mish
Reaction score
ya sounds good... I have heard through the grapevine that Quadzilla is coming out with a delete system after the first of the year and also SCT is in the works with a kit. Don't quote me on that but there will probably be some more options in the next few months.

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Options are always good.

It would be sweet if Ford came out with a new flash and a full dpf delete system that you could buy and would retain the warranty. You know they have the expertise and technology to do it and they would make a killing!

Taylor_Mish

Taylor_Mish
Reaction score
Ya that would be killer!

Don't wanna be negative but Ford spent time and money getting this thing to pass emisions... I would be hard pressed to think they would go the other way. (think of cat delete... when companies do those it is labeled as off road only)

Plus Ford, as well as any other company is proud of its OEM parts and would probably cost an arm and/or leg for it lol... But it would be a plus to get something like this so that Ford would recognize the warranty still...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58